Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: locks gun

(Chester County)

Default locks gun

Hey guys, I know Locks gun is supposedly a good place but
    Prior to New Years I took my G17 to get night sights installed and I still haven't heard back I called them last week and they told me the Smith would call me when its done so here it is a week later. Had anyone had any issues with delays with them recently? Or is this normal ?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: locks gun

Fellow Phila resident here, That's where I do most of my gun shopping. I only had to take a gun there once to be worked on, When my ol' 520 stopped working. It took them a little over a month. They had to find the problem, and track down new parts, but I was very happy with the work, and I swore it locked up tighter.

Did you buy the night sights yourself or are they buying the night sights? Don't know if you ever met the smith but he's an older guy who's hard of hearing. From what I saw in his work tough, It's top notch. He up there in years so he moves a little slower.

The only thing I can say go in and ask, The smith probably won't be up there but try and talk to John [the owner] he's a great guy, who cares about your opinion and wants you to come back. If you don't see him look for Mark. Some don't like him but he's who I look for to help me when I go in.

I would pick up my gun and go some where else. Most gun shops will install the sights for you right there if you buy them there. When I bought my g-17 they didn't ave any with night sights so they just grabbed some of the shelf and installed them for me right there. Took all of 10 min.

(Delaware County)

Don't know about the gunsmith but it's one of the last nice little gun shops around. John is a nice guy and has some hard to find stuff. Yea his prices are a little higher then most but being one of the last mom and pop gun shops left in the area I for one don't mind paying a bet more. But that's just me.
    Mike

(Lehigh County)

Most shops down here install them while you wait
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Bucks County)

Anyone could easily put a set of sights on a Glock in less than 20 minutes. I'd go pick that gun up and go elsewhere. One month is completely unacceptable for "gunsmith service".

(Chester County)

sorry for the late reply But they called me a couple days after this post I called them a second time FINALLY I don't think ill go there again though