Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FNP 40

Default FNP 40

I'm looking for feedback on the FNP 40 which I'm considering buying. Any info would be appreciated.

(Pike County)

Default Re: FNP 40

Howdy HDH, and welcome. I lived in Tucson a long time ago. As to the FN, I have the 9mm version, the FNP-9. So far, so good. A bit large for CC, espically in the grip. No problems with the gun. Mags are a bit $$$. I paid $350 at a show for it, with case and 4 mags. It is often the home gun, and I keep an M-3 tac light on it. I am not sad that I bought it, and enjoy shooting it.

Thanks for the feedback gf45acp I'm torn between the SA XD 40 and the FNP 40

(Allegheny County)

I have one and for the money I think it is one of the best bargains on the market. Never had any problems at all.

Thanks rey, It's advertised here in Arizona for $450.00 comes with Blade-tech holster,double mag pouch,polymer training barrel, 3 magazines and hard case

(Dauphin County)

I have the 9mm version, and i have put about 1000 rds failure free through mine. It is a bit large for CC but mine conceals very well in a crossbreed super tuck holster, and my ankle holster. I paid about 430.00 for mine with a blade tech holster and blade tech mag carrier, and 3 mags. After about 400 rounds the gun really came into its own, the slide racks like butter and trigger is extremely nice. When I was purchasing i was torn between the taurus 24/7 pro , springfield XD 9, and this FN. The thing about the XD to me was i didnt like the rear safety and the gun felt top heavy, the taurus was just heavy and the ribber grip felt weird. The FN when i picked it up was about a full pound lighter than the Xd and the Taurus, or at least it felt the way to me, and with all the extras it just made sense. I called FN the other day because I wanted to see how much a extra guide rod was (because i like to have an extra) and a guy named Ken spoke with me and said there was a implied lifetime warranty, and sent me another one for free. Pics attached, you can see the size difference between that and the kel tec p11. Hopes this helps, all are good guns though you wont be sorry going with either the XD or the FN.

little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxIJP2rTiBQ

and another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTovSHctXbM&NR=1
    Last edited by crakkajakka15; March 24th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

(Cambria County)

Here's my review on the SAO version in 9mm:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...ao-review.html

(Monroe County)

I have it it in all black finish, very businesslike, one heck of a Pistol, very well made, no rattles, no shake no poor fitting mag, no nasty tool marks , everything you would expect from FN, . If you like Sigs you will like it, it feels just like a Sig including the high bore axis, even the controls and take down lever is like a sig. Very nice gun, in .40 calo you will feel the recoil and the twisting torque of the the .40 cal. Its not a one handed gun , hold it tightly and shoot it , . When cheaper than dirt had thier night sights for $69 i bought some and put it on it , its my bedside gun loaded up with Magsafes. ,

Very accurate gun , nice feel if you have medium size hands.

Never had a function problem with it even those lightweight Magsafes, functions like its nothing..

Its a quality Firearm for a reasonable price and it come with 3 high cap mags so you even have to buy any mags. also come witha extra backstrap to customise to your hand size.

Nyman

(Lehigh County)

I LOVE MY FNP40. I carry SOB in an Uncle Mike's. very comfy, great value, if the US military can use FN firearms, I will too. Great Value.

Hey crakkajakka15, who makes the ankle holster you have your FN in?? What sizxe is it for. I would like to try ankle carry.
    Last edited by HeXeD775; March 24th, 2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: forgot something

(Chester County)

Had a person bring one in today, brand new.

It looks like it's a pistol that needs breaking in. After 2 or 3 boxes, and plenty of lube....it ran pretty well with a strong grip.

If it has the features you want, why not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast