Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Gas Station Robbed Twice in Sellersville.

The US Gas Station at the intersection of Main St and Noble St in Sellersville was robbed again yesterday (1/09), it was also robbed at gun point on (12/30). There was also a report of a man robbing a jogger at night in Sellersville by the Pennridge South Middle School, which is less than a mile from said gas station.

I'm on my cell phone right now so I can't post the link to the phillyburbs page about the december robbery, they have yet to write an article about the more recent one. From what I read about the first robbery they have little to go off of. 5'6"-6' tall, tan hoodie, tan boots, tan mask and used a dark color minivan.

Default Re: Gas Station Robbed Twice in Sellersville.

Quote Originally Posted by AYOUNG View Post
    The US Gas Station at the intersection of Main St and Noble St in Sellersville was robbed again yesterday (1/09), it was also robbed at gun point on (12/30). There was also a report of a man robbing a jogger at night in Sellersville by the Pennridge South Middle School, which is less than a mile from said gas station.

I'm on my cell phone right now so I can't post the link to the phillyburbs page about the december robbery, they have yet to write an article about the more recent one. From what I read about the first robbery they have little to go off of. 5'6"-6' tall, tan hoodie, tan boots, tan mask and used a dark color minivan.
    can you provide any link on the mugging near the school? I live just around the corner and have not heard anything about it. Nor have I heard anything about the 2nd robbery at the US Gas, nothing in the local news as of now

(Bucks County)

I live in perkasie and go to that gas station quite often. I spoke with Happy, who is the night time attendant. He is one of the nicest guys, everyone who goes there likes Happy. He told me a man wearing a mask pointed a gun to his face for the money. He said from the mans voice, he sounds like a local and sounded like the same crook who robbed him last week. My friend lives down the road from the gas station across from the church, and he told me a person walking along the road was held up at gunpoint the same night. A friend of mine, about 18 years old, was held up at gunpoint during the hurricane sandy as he was about to fill up containers for his families generator. I am only 20 for 3 more months, and then I am heading straight to the courthouse to apply for my CC. I've lived here my whole life, and never heard of these things until Heroin became a huge drug of choice here in perkasie/sellersville. It's sickening.

(Bucks County)

This happened late Tuesday or Early Wednesday. I was up late and turned on an online police scanner when I heard reference to activity around Noble St and Lawn Ave. They did not state it was in Sellersville, but the road names and intersections sounded like it was so I listened for a while.

From what I heard, they were not certain the gun was real and thought it may be a bb or pellet gun. Police stated one of them saw someone running into an ally off of Noble St just past Lawn Ave.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ctk4892 View Post
    I live in perkasie and go to that gas station quite often. I spoke with Happy, who is the night time attendant. He is one of the nicest guys, everyone who goes there likes Happy. He told me a man wearing a mask pointed a gun to his face for the money. He said from the mans voice, he sounds like a local and sounded like the same crook who robbed him last week. My friend lives down the road from the gas station across from the church, and he told me a person walking along the road was held up at gunpoint the same night. A friend of mine, about 18 years old, was held up at gunpoint during the hurricane sandy as he was about to fill up containers for his families generator. I am only 20 for 3 more months, and then I am heading straight to the courthouse to apply for my CC. I've lived here my whole life, and never heard of these things until Heroin became a huge drug of choice here in perkasie/sellersville. It's sickening.
    I live in the area and want to find out more on these events.

"My friend lives down the road from the gas station across from the church, and he told me a person walking along the road was held up at gunpoint the same night." Do you have a link to any news article on this mugging?

"A friend of mine, about 18 years old, was held up at gunpoint during the hurricane sandy as he was about to fill up containers for his families generator." Where did this happen? Perkasie? Sellersville? At the same gas station?

Thinking of moving to sellersville. More info please!
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolPC View Post
    Thinking of moving to sellersville. More info please!
    I live in Telford, right next door to Sellersville. I have only lived here for just over a year now, bought my house last October.

I helped install some recreational facilities in the park in Sellersville (Lake Lenape Park) the winter before that, continuing through to now.

I have not personally seen any sort of crime in the area. Do not take that as I think nothing happens, just saying it is a very low rate.

There is a gas station in Telford, Cumberland Farms, that was stuck up twice since I have lived here.

Someone got shot by the Police in Sellersville/Perkase - http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/crim...8b20ba06b.html Do not know what the outcome of any investigation was on that, it caused an uproar though.

Aside from those, the crimes listed in this thread are all I heard of. I'm sure cars were broken into, etc.

I'm sure it's "less safe" than it was years ago, but I lived in the Lehigh Valley until recently so I do not have first hand experience.

I feel perfectly safe in my neighborhood. I carry, but I carry always, not because I live in the 'hood.

I haven't seen any news or police reports on another robbery since the Dec 30th one or any muggings that I can recall in the area. Sorry but its all heresay until its reported to police. I live very close to this area and keep my ear to the ground and have never heard of a mugging.

(Bucks County)

I felt the need to comment on this .i have lived in the area all my life and i have to say that the crime and ignoants have now infested our area i carry daily ,for afew years now .Times have changed the place i also live in telford, one block from what we call the hood! I will be moving soon .
    Last edited by Kct; January 19th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

(Bucks County)

I actually have known the kid you robbed the place for about 8 years. A kid by the name of Jeff Ford robbed the gas station. I do not know if he had a real gun or not, but I have talked to the cashier who was present during the robberies and he confirmed that it was Jeff. No clue if he was related to the mugging or robbery during the hurricane at the same station

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast