Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo prices...

(Allegheny County)

Default Ammo prices...

Anyone else notice that ammo, namely 9mm rounds, have gone up in price?? Not only that, but I'm having a time trying to get even UMC, which I use at the range.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(York County)

Default Re: Ammo prices...

if what i think is correct - gun prices are on a hike than ammo being in conjunction with guns should also go up as well. I remember seeing cases of cheap russian 7.62 go for $400+ during the last obama gun scare.

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to life outside of the rock you're living under!

The guns went first and then the ammo.
    223, 9mm, and 22LR seem to be the first to take the hit, but that started weeks ago, now everything is being scooped up.

Freedom Munitions still has it in quantities of 500 and 1,000.
    Smaller quantity packages have been sold out for at least a week now.
    http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1923.htm

Good luck with your search!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I had 2000 rounds that I bought in November, and have blasted through a little over 1/4 of that stock. I thought I'd be fine, until the wife decided she wanted a Kahr CW9. Since then, she's been hitting my stock of ammo. Finding anything local, including Wally World, has been difficult.

I know the LGS had some 50 round boxes of cheap range ammo for around $15 two weeks ago...I'll have to see what he has left in stock.

I should have bought a reloader and supplies instead of getting her a pistol...

(Beaver County)

[QUOTE=stringplucker;2242866]I had 2000 rounds that I bought in November, and have blasted through a little over 1/4 of that stock. I thought I'd be fine, until the wife decided she wanted a Kahr CW9. Since then, she's been hitting my stock of ammo. Finding anything local, including Wally World, has been difficult.

I know the LGS had some 50 round boxes of cheap range ammo for around $15 two weeks ago...I'll have to see what he has left in stock.

I should have bought a reloader and supplies instead of getting her a pistol...[/QUOTE]

To heavy and awkward for her to carry for self defence.

Reloading supplies are also taking a hit price and supply wise.Sincere good luck finding the ammo you are looking for,wally world seems to have it intermittently.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=GrumpyBear;2242922]
    Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    I had 2000 rounds that I bought in November, and have blasted through a little over 1/4 of that stock. I thought I'd be fine, until the wife decided she wanted a Kahr CW9. Since then, she's been hitting my stock of ammo. Finding anything local, including Wally World, has been difficult.

I should have bought a reloader and supplies instead of getting her a pistol...[/QUOTE]

To heavy and awkward for her to carry for self defence.

Reloading supplies are also taking a hit price and supply wise.Sincere good luck finding the ammo you are looking for,wally world seems to have it intermittently.
    LOL She already has two other handguns, but wanted a 9 that looked like mine...kind of a his/hers thing. I agreed to it, since a Happy Wife keeps a Happy Home, and I like being happy.

I guess I'll have to find a guy that I can buy reloads from since supplies and such have gone up too.

Time to start networking...

Is it warm under that rock?

Seriously, have you not been paying attention? Cabelas has removed almost all of their bulk packs, even the 22lr. Targetsportsusa, which sells ammo, mags, etc. has effectively shut down. They are no longer accepting phone or online orders. Shipping is backed up almost 2 months. I don't see 22 ammo bulk packs online anywhere. Guys are buying the crap out of it, because it's cheap and will hold them over until the 9s and 40s are plentiful again.

Reloading, IMO, only helps if you have already realoded by now, or at least purchased all of the components. Reloading is a less expensive way to build inventory. But if you haven't already done that, then you're pretty much in the same boat as those who didn't store ammo. If you reload, you should haul a$$ and get some components, because they will be gone soon as well.

Ammo prices had recently risen, pre-panic, at least the 22 ammo had. I jumped in, just before CCI went up a couple bucks per brick. Now it's just getting crazy.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Is it warm under that rock?

Seriously, have you not been paying attention? Cabelas has removed almost all of their bulk packs, even the 22lr. Targetsportsusa, which sells ammo, mags, etc. has effectively shut down. They are no longer accepting phone or online orders. Shipping is backed up almost 2 months. I don't see 22 ammo bulk packs online anywhere. Guys are buying the crap out of it, because it's cheap and will hold them over until the 9s and 40s are plentiful again.

Reloading, IMO, only helps if you have already realoded by now, or at least purchased all of the components. Reloading is a less expensive way to build inventory. But if you haven't already done that, then you're pretty much in the same boat as those who didn't store ammo. If you reload, you should haul a$$ and get some components, because they will be gone soon as well.

Ammo prices had recently risen, pre-panic, at least the 22 ammo had. I jumped in, just before CCI went up a couple bucks per brick. Now it's just getting crazy.
    Health issues have prevented me from getting out...Got out of the hospital yesterday after a 6 day visit. Try living under that rock.

I'm sitting on about 7000 rounds of .22lr, 4 spam cans of 7.62X54R, 3000 rounds of .45. I'm well stocked on everything but 9mm.

If I could physically get to my farm in SW Ohio, I'd have access to my loader and supplies, as well as my stockpile. Instead I'm stuck here for at least 3 months.

All I'm looking for is 9mm ammo at a somewhat decent price...not snarky remarks.
    Last edited by stringplucker; January 10th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Hokkmike Guest

Yeah Stringplucker, I don't know why people feel they need to do that - sorry. Hope you are on the mend. Sounds like you are well supplied with ammo. I have as much as I can afford.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    Health issues have prevented me from getting out...Got out of the hospital yesterday after a 6 day visit. Try living under that rock.

I'm sitting on about 7000 rounds of .22lr, 4 spam cans of 7.62X54R, 3000 rounds of .45. I'm well stocked on everything but 9mm.

If I could physically get to my farm in SW Ohio, I'd have access to my loader and supplies, as well as my stockpile. Instead I'm stuck here for at least 3 months.

All I'm looking for is 9mm ammo at a somewhat decent price...not snarky remarks.
    This may help you out:
    http://www.graceammo.com
    They are reloads but good quality and considering what ammo is going for now, not to bad on price. They don't have any 9mm yet but they are working on it. They may let you preorder I don't really know. Hope it helps you out.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast