Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Thumbs down Gun Toters in Eynon - horrible customer service

Went to gun toters the other day to look at compact .380's. They had a nice ruger LCP on the shelf.

Two guys who worked there were busy with other customers. I sat in front of the counter the gun was in for 10+ minutes while a girl that works there was on the phone, leaning up against the same counter and completely ignoring me. tried to get her attention once or twice thinking she might at least say "one moment", but nothing. So, i got down on my hands and knees and looked under the glass shelf the gun was on so i could see the price myself since she had no interest in doing it for me. I know she saw that, as well as did the other employees (thats why I did it). Then I stood there for another 5+ minutes thinking someone might at least acknowledge I was present. Never happened. so I looked right at her, shrugged, and left.

I then went over to Gander mountain, was greeted immediatly, and tried to get them to price match Gun Totters ($40.00 cheaper), which they attempted to do. When the Gander Mtn guy called gun totters to verify they had the gun at that price the girl answers the phone and tells him they don't have it in stock, which I know they did - I just saw it!

So I bought it at Gander anyway figuring it was better to spend $40.00 more on a slightly over priced gun then to save money buying it from rude people who lie and obviously don't know what "customer service" is. And, just in case anybody from Gun Totters reads this, I also bought $80.00 in ammo a $25.00 holster and a $9.00 in targets - all money you could have earned.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised after reading this review on Google - which can be found here
    A Google User reviewed 10 months ago
    Overall Poor to fair

I will never ever ever go here again. I live two blocks away and will not even go here. Customer service in nonexistent unless you've been going there for 30 years. And I feel when you ask a question that you are treated with a "You should have done your research on your own" attitude.

PS. went back to Gun Toters after purchasing at Gander and Surprise!, there was the Ruger LCP right there behind the counter....

Edit: Interesting, did a search on this forum for gun toters and found this Guess he's not very pro 2nd amendment, and surprise, he's a LEO, go figure.
    Last edited by Truck; January 9th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Gun Toters in Eynon - horrible customer service

This place is terrible no doubt about it. If your not LEO, dont expext them to care at all. Their attitudes are why i drive much further for better deals n much better service.

(Wayne County)

Bought 1 pistol from them, only because they had it when no one else did. I have been in there a few times since and I might as well be invisable. I drive past it a few times a week (2x today) and don't bother stopping anymore. I prefer to drive to Pittston and go to Advance Arms, best prices around. They didn't raise prices when everyone else was trying to make a quick buck, they care about customers and are in it for the long run.

(Lackawanna County)

Last edited by ROK; September 20th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

(Wayne County)

Pretty sure they don't give out prices over the phone. I bet its easier to say they don't have it in stock when gandermtn calls to price match.... Try calling about a gun thats in stock without saying your from gandermtn

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by theprez6344 View Post
    Pretty sure they don't give out prices over the phone. I bet its easier to say they don't have it in stock when gandermtn calls to price match.... Try calling about a gun thats in stock without saying your from gandermtn
    Your right, they will not give prices over the phone, so you have to spend time and gas to check prices. They will tell you if an item is in stock before you take the ride.

(Lackawanna County)

I've bought and sold stuff there on numerous occasions, and was always treated like gold. They also never did the, "You're a woman, so you should buy a snubbie" thing, which I hate.

(Indiana County)

Did you send Gun Toters a letter recapping everything from your post, with a copy of the receipt from Gander Mountain?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Went to gun toters the other day to look at compact .380's. They had a nice ruger LCP on the shelf.

Two guys who worked there were busy with other customers. I sat in front of the counter the gun was in for 10+ minutes while a girl that works there was on the phone, leaning up against the same counter and completely ignoring me. tried to get her attention once or twice thinking she might at least say "one moment", but nothing. So, i got down on my hands and knees and looked under the glass shelf the gun was on so i could see the price myself since she had no interest in doing it for me. I know she saw that, as well as did the other employees (thats why I did it). Then I stood there for another 5+ minutes thinking someone might at least acknowledge I was present. Never happened. so I looked right at her, shrugged, and left.
    She was mostlikely on hold while running a background check for an earlier customer. If she waited on you and the operator came back, she would have had to yank the gun back in order to secure the weapon while she went back to servicing the original customers. A lot of folks have a problem with that. So, to avoid an unpleasant situation all-around she decided not to wait on you until she finished her current sale. I see nothing wrong with that. Now, if she was on the phone talking to her friends or something like that, then I would have an issue with it but from what you posted, nothing like that seemed to have been going on.

(Indiana County)

Then you acknowledge the customer and quickly explain, without giving up the phone, that you're running a background check and can't leave the phone.

You don't ignore a potential customer!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast