Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Thumbs up Tactical night at pocono pistol.. thursday nights

Hey just wanted to inform people in Monroe county that Pocono pistol has started "tactical night". It is held every Thursday from 6-8pm. Costs $25. New courses of fire every week.

Must take mandated skills assessment test, which involves drawing from holster, reloaded, and shooting. Must either make appointment for this or call ahead and show up early like an hour before tactical night starts. Costs $5 only has to been done once. Once you pass your good forever.

I want to start shooting IDPA this summer so I thought this would help me get ready for that. I have no affiliation with Pocono pistol. Just a shooter. Thought I would let people know if there interested.

Hope to see you there

Website.... http://www.poconopistol.com
    Last edited by brian1313; January 7th, 2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: web site added

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tactical night at pocono pistol.. thursday nights

Or you could join a local gun club and go to their weekly Idpa training nights and save a shit ton of money. I have seen the ppc people at local matches and have not been impressed. I won a membership to ppc at one of their matches and shot there twice. The second time I was there the "range master" fell asleep in his chair while I was on the line and shooting. Find the right club and you can learn a lot more on a lot less dime. Also check here for local mathes. http://www.nepaidpascores.net/

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    Or you could join a local gun club and go to their weekly Idpa training nights and save a shit ton of money. I have seen the ppc people at local matches and have not been impressed. I won a membership to ppc at one of their matches and shot there twice. The second time I was there the "range master" fell asleep in his chair while I was on the line and shooting. Find the right club and you can learn a lot more on a lot less dime. Also check here for local mathes. http://www.nepaidpascores.net/
    Which club do you recommend?

(Monroe County)

Blue ridge cherry valley. Or ontelaunee

(Monroe County)

Doesn't cherry valley have like a years waiting list? I don't have a sponsor. Wish I knew someone that was a member there. Hate having to teach myself without have someone to ask for pointers without having to pay for a lesson.

(Monroe County)

I don't know if we are wait listed right now or not. There is a match at BRCV this Sunday. Stop by and see what Idpa is all about. The best way to make friends is to show up early and help set up. 10:30 ish if you are interested.

(Monroe County)

I will check that web site out. Wish I could come Saturday but I work. Good luck with your match. I will also check out the club one day soon. Thanks for all the info.

I went to tactical night tonight at Pocono pistol. It was ok got to practice shooting on the move, Reloads, shooting from cover, failure drill ( two to the body one to the head), transition from strong hand to weak hand, and a couple other things. I will be attending next week. Instructor was former marine, and I think police.

Hope to see a few more people next week.

(Monroe County)

I don't know if we are wait listed right now or not.

As of last week, there were 20 openings, i.e. no wait list.

The best way to make friends is to show up early and help set up. 10:30 ish if you are interested.
    What Tim said. Actions always speak louder than words. And we feed you.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post
    Wish I could come Saturday but I work.
    The IDPA at BRCV is on Sunday. Should also mention that it is outdoors so you need to dress appropriately, especially re. footwear as it is likely to be muddy.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; January 11th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.

(Monroe County)

Opps I definatly read that wrong but as of now they are doing a deal that I purchased at Pocono pistol for tactical night, which is $75 for 4 classes.

The classes are more like defensive pistol classes in the sense of perfecting the basics, mind set, learing practical defensive shooting situations, and what to do during those situations, this is as of now it may become more running and gunning for time IDK.

BUT l have really enjoyed these classes so far being a new concealed carry citizen. With a responsibility like that, not just protecting yourself and others in your house, but carrying 365 days a year. I believe you have a duty to learn and train as much as you can for obvious reasons.