Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons: video

AT BUCHANAN: There are three million ArmaLite rifles -- those Bushmaster types -- out there right now, and people are buying them like hotcakes. Every gun show, the sales are up enormously. Forty-one percent, they were up in December -- for last December -- which was a record year. John, what is common though, Eleanor [Clift] is correct, the push is going to come on three things: grandfather in the assault weapons that are here now; to try to outlaw assault weapons, outlaw magazines that carry more than 11 or 12 bullets; and also background checks at gun shows.

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN: With no Second Amendment, Congress could pass a law, as limited as this: banning assault rifles or as sweeping as prohibiting all private firearm ownership and requiring the surrender of all privately held firearms.

BUCHANAN: There would be a revolution in this country!
    Last edited by PocketProtector; January 7th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons: video

They would not be fleecing sheep. They will be attempting to de-fang and de-claw lions.

(Centre County)

Exclamation Re: Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons: video

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    They would not be fleecing sheep. They will be attempting to de-fang and de-claw lions.
    Maybe. I wouldn't hold my breath. I've prrrrretty much lost faith in the majority of "gun owners", most of whom are:

"Well, yeah I own a gun. I have a least 2 boxes of bullets for it!" I am proud to own my dad's .38, and my grandpa's 30.06, but I don't really need an assault rifle."
    I have learned that most of the "gun owners" I come in contact with are just that--people who have never seriously thought through the possible eventuality of needing a gun that could be used in a defensive situation or as a tool for throwing off tyranny. They just haven't thought about it, and when confronted, laugh it off nervously so that they don't look crazy. Those gun owners that do own defensive rifles, pistols, and enough ammunition to really put up a fight are few and far between. There ARE lots of AR-15s out there, yes, but you have to realize that a huge amount of those are also owned by fuds. It's a terrible reality. Do I wish my neighbor was nutnfancy? Yeah..but at this point I believe it would be nearly impossible for a banding together of competent defensive firearm owners.

As a side note, to illustrate my point, I wonder what kind of number we would come up with if we asked how many of the citizens included in the "gun owners" category own
    1. An AR-15, AK variant, or any rifle capable of using a 30 round mag or higher (>.22)
    2. At least 500 rounds of ammunition on hand for each rifle and 5+ mags each
    3. A semi-automatic sidearm (>.22)
    4. At least 500 rounds of ammunition on hand for each sidearm and 5+mags each
    ?

I would wager to guess that the number would be pretty low...
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Buchanan: "There Would Be A Revolution" If Government Confiscated Weapons: video

I've always been a fan of Buchanan, read all his books, thanks for posting this...
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    at this point I believe it would be nearly impossible for a banding together of competent defensive firearm owners.
    The battle of Athens occurred in 1946. You might be surprised at how many people are tired of Big Brother Government. I know when I was in the Air Force we filled out a survey, questions like would you disarm American Citizens if ordered? Would you fire on American Citizens if ordered? The consensus was hell no, that wouldn't be a lawful order.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4070BN View Post
    The battle of Athens occurred in 1946. You might be surprised at how many people are tired of Big Brother Government. I know when I was in the Air Force we filled out a survey, questions like would you disarm American Citizens if ordered? Would you fire on American Citizens if ordered? The consensus was hell no, that wouldn't be a lawful order.
    And lets not forget the American public does not like it when our government goes after American citizens. Just look at the Branch Davidian episode in Waco Texas. It would just take one or two of those situations or situations with private citizens and I think all hell would break loose politically. I know the antis would probably be behind it but I think there are alot more Americans like it is being said here that are content to sit it out because they feel it does not affect them. That is of course until an action would be taken and then I think the silent portion would make their voices heard. I hope it doesnt come to that but you never know. I am far from a conspiracy theorist and hope that alot of this is panic and some people "never", but the fact we are even having these converstions says it all.

(Montgomery County)

The two biggest things that come to my attention watching this are when she says "There should be identification on the guns" (if you're that completely uneducated on the subject, you shouldn't be on a soap box telling anyone what should be done.) and the rhetoric "Just because we don't have a comprehensive answer doesn't mean that we shouldn't do SOMETHING!".

How that one guy could just sit there and not call her out on those points is beyond me.

(Monroe County)

It only takes 3%...

There is a good chance that one of those 3%ers is already a general in the military.

(Northampton County)

Confiscation? How would that work? They can't confiscate guns because they haven't registered them yet!

Heck, I'd rather they tried to confiscate them. They won't. They'll outlaw them. They don't go door to door confiscating cocaine. They simply throw you in jail when you are caught with it.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4070BN View Post
    I would definitely hope so! I just fear that when the day comes, the powers that be will exploit every weakness (i.e. using only newly recruited soldiers, dehumanizing the resistance, etc.). The progressives have an evil inside that is hard to comprehend.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast