Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Question new to rifles, need help.???

Hey guys I just purchased an AK. My first one I went up to the range and it was shooting low left. Wondering if any one has an Ak front site tool (or tell me what i need to buy for sighting in) and can teach me to zero my rifle one day if possible? Please let me know. Ill check back each day.

Btw I'm 24 yr old. Just for fyi. Just got into firearms a year ago. Have shot plenty of pistols but want to get into rifles. I have off some weekdays and every other weekend... I do work this weekend.

I go to the Toby range a lot. Would like to meet someone there if possible.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

(Monroe County)

Default Re: new to rifles, need help.???

brian, the ak sight tool you can order from one of the online sellers like cheaper than dirt, brownells, midway or tapco etc, they usually sell for around $8 or so.

If you do not have a sight tool you can adjust an AK sight by using an hammer and a punch to tap the sight from side to side and a bird beak pliers to turn the sight post up or down .

Just remember on a front sight : move left to to adjust to the right and move right to adjust to the left.

Moving up the front sight lowers your point of impact, moving down raises your point of impact.

(Clinton County)

Don't know if anyone else has had luck with those front sight tools but in my experience they are JUNK. Unless I bought a shit version, I think its an NCStar, who makes the best one? All my sight blocks are stuck pretty good and got better results using a socket on one side (or small piece of pipe) and either a large c-clamp or wide jawed vise grips. The sight tool I have doesn't seem to torque enough to get the windage adjusted and the threads look like they are stripping. Not to mention I had to bore the hole out to fit on my Draco sight block.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Northampton County)

"Toby range" as in Tobyhanna? Where about in Tobyhanna?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has had luck with those front sight tools but in my experience they are JUNK. Unless I bought a shit version, I think its an NCStar, who makes the best one? All my sight blocks are stuck pretty good and got better results using a socket on one side (or small piece of pipe) and either a large c-clamp or wide jawed vise grips. The sight tool I have doesn't seem to torque enough to get the windage adjusted and the threads look like they are stripping. Not to mention I had to bore the hole out to fit on my Draco sight block.
    Anyhing NCStar makes is total garbage IMHO, I have a Yugo surplus sight tool, I got it from Apex a few years ago, works great.....
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew6791 View Post
    "Toby range" as in Tobyhanna? Where about in Tobyhanna?
    41.171466, -75.444117
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer