Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default DE going the way of NJ but worse

No summary, Delaware trying to pass a law that makes NJ look like Pa for purchasing/carrying a gun.
    I like the english language proficiency mandatory part though.

FJB

(York County)

Default Re: DE going the way of NJ but worse

This thing is moving, no one to call now, just awaiting the Governor's signature...

https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/130284

Bill Progress

Current Status: Passed 3/14/24

What happens next? Ready for Governor for action

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

it should be shot down in the delaware supreme court....
    oh wait...
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    This thing is moving, no one to call now, just awaiting the Governor's signature...

https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/130284
    Yep. It's very similar to the New Jersey handgun law...state handgun registration.

States like Delaware and New Mexico are more "quiet" blue states, but still very blue.

(Delaware County)

Delaware already has some f'ed up rules to get a license to carry. I always found it odd that me, as a non resident, had an easier time being able to carry in DE than a resident, via my Utah license.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Delaware already has some f'ed up rules to get a license to carry. I always found it odd that me, as a non resident, had an easier time being able to carry in DE than a resident, via my Utah license.
    Yup!

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Do you know if the Delaware Attorney General has the same authority as the Pennshlvania AG with regards to reciprocity?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Do you know if the Delaware Attorney General has the same authority as the Pennshlvania AG with regards to reciprocity?
    I do not know.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Many similarities but with some nuances.

Title 11 of the Delaware Code § 1441. License to carry concealed deadly weapons.
    (j) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware. For the purpose of this subsection “reasonably similar” does not preclude alternative or differing provisions nor a different source and process by which eligibility is determined. Notwithstanding the forgoing, if there is evidence of a pattern of issuing licenses/permits to convicted felons in another state, the Attorney General shall not include that state under the exception contained in this subsection even if the law of that state is determined to be “reasonably similar.” The Attorney General shall communicate the provisions of this section to the Attorneys General of the several states and shall determine those states whose licensing/permit systems qualify for recognition under this section. The Attorney General shall publish on January 15 of each year a list of all States which have qualified for reciprocity under this subsection. Such list shall be valid for one year and any removal of a State from the list shall not occur without 1 year’s notice of such impending removal. Such list shall be made readily available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State as well as to all then-current holders of licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section.
    IANAL