Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    That'd be a cool mag, but for that price I'll buy a 10 pack of pmags and have some change leftover for ammo to start filling them.

$125 for anyone curious.
    I was gonna buy one...then I saw the price

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    I was gonna buy one...then I saw the price

If this mag proves to be as reliable as I think it is, I am fine with the cost. If it isn't, then anything over a buck is too much for it. The value of this mag comes from its reliability. Nothing else matters.

(Berks County)

magpul had a patent application in 2009 for a quad stack ar mag but they never released it and instead went with the d60, which can be had for about 40 bucks less then this. Surefire has a quad stack as well and they are unreliable.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    magpul had a patent application in 2009 for a quad stack ar mag but they never released it and instead went with the d60, which can be had for about 40 bucks less then this. Surefire has a quad stack as well and they are unreliable.
    The drums are reliable...we know that. Its the mags which have proven to be unreliable. Most who use brass cased ammo have less issues. Its the steel cased stuff that presents a lot of issues. The lacquered, steel cased ammo less of an issue but still evident.

If you look at the design of all the 50-60 round mags, they have been made of plastics/resin. The SF mag is aluminum. This mag is made from steel. I believe the difference in this mag is the compounded results of using all of the single elements in one application. The geometry of the mag body, the springs and balance, the black Delrin followers, the sand cuts in the mag body and, the Teflon coating. For all intent and purpose, friction has been an issue with all of these other mags...this one seems to have taken all of the necessary steps to eliminate it, as much as possible, while not sacrificing on cost or reliability...and I think the price reflects that. I am told, loading these mags by hand is an easy task. I will find out on Monday.

I bought two...cost was not really a factor...only because I emailed the guy who developed the mag and spoke to him. After my conversation with him, I decided it was worth the cost. I generally won't buy something, unless I have confidence in what I am buying. In this case, it was the conversation I had with Rusty that convinced me to go ahead. Maybe I am a sucker, maybe not...mags are on there way.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The drums are reliable...we know that. Its the mags which have proven to be unreliable. Most who use brass cased ammo have less issues. Its the steel cased stuff that presents a lot of issues. The lacquered, steel cased ammo less of an issue but still evident.

If you look at the design of all the 50-60 round mags, they have been made of plastics/resin. The SF mag is aluminum. This mag is made from steel. I believe the difference in this mag is the compounded results of using all of the single elements in one application. The geometry of the mag body, the springs and balance, the black Delrin followers, the sand cuts in the mag body and, the Teflon coating. For all intent and purpose, friction has been an issue with all of these other mags...this one seems to have taken all of the necessary steps to eliminate it, as much as possible, while not sacrificing on cost or reliability...and I think the price reflects that. I am told, loading these mags by hand is an easy task. I will find out on Monday.

I bought two...cost was not really a factor...only because I emailed the guy who developed the mag and spoke to him. After my conversation with him, I decided it was worth the cost. I generally won't buy something, unless I have confidence in what I am buying. In this case, it was the conversation I had with Rusty that convinced me to go ahead. Maybe I am a sucker, maybe not...mags are on there way.
    im wasnt trying to knock your purchase. if it works and is reliable thats good to hear. it would be nice to hear that someone has finally figured it out. i was just putting it out there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    im wasnt trying to knock your purchase. if it works and is reliable thats good to hear. it would be nice to hear that someone has finally figured it out. i was just putting it out there.
    I didn't think you were knocking my purchase. Far from it. I am not that petty.

Most of us have enough experience with mags to know what works and what doesn't. My interest in this mag is that it defies what many others have attempted to build, yet Rusty seems to have mastered the small nuances in other mags and extrapolated from them to build this one. I love a happy ending just like the next guy. What really appeals to me about this story, is his tenacity and determination to make this work. Thinking outside the box is what ultimately got him to where we are today.

I always will route for the small guy...its what working for yourself for most of your life does for you.

(Clearfield County)

All guns at Rural King are 10% off.

(Allegheny County)

Everything ships free - no minimum - all the time

Assembled 5.56 Bolt
    SALE PRICE

http://www.redxarms.com/product-p/5100.htm

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Everything ships free - no minimum - all the time

Assembled 5.56 Nickel Boron Bolt
    SALE PRICE

http://www.redxarms.com/product-p/5101.htm

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

https://www.combatarmory.com/radical...ower-receiver/

Complete lower $100 free shipping.

Page 2244 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 12441744214421942234224022412242224322442245224622472248225422942344 ... LastLast