Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Thanks for your input. I consider you our expert budget AR builder so it counts for a lot.

I'm likely going to wait out PSA, they seem to have a solid reputation for quality on a budget and would be less than this setup and at least $100 less total if I can get one that includes BCG.

I've waited this long, another month won't kill me. I REALLY want to finish off this build but I can't even go to my range to try it, so no need to rush into a bad deal.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Charging handles are routinely $10-$15
    That's too high for a parkerized BCG - I just bought a NITRIDE BCG with crane extractor O-ring (O-ring versions typically add $10 over one w/o it) for $79 shipped free.

That upper seems a tad high, but I can't see the specs.
    That quick detach carry handle... I question it's quality. CDNN often adds "extras" that aren't all that "valuable".
    First off, they have a Bushmaster M16 (full auto) profile BCG for $99 also. That is a better choice (you can google semi-auto BCG vs. full auto BCG) since it's a bit heavier.

I just received that BCG and I agree with EM, you can probably find a better deal. It's listed as nitrided but it's just standard parkerized. It's also not marked MPI. Does have the o-ring FWIW. The fit and finish is acceptable so no huge issue with buying it (besides maybe not saving $20). I'm sending it back with my other upper due to not being nitrided like it said, and also because I bought one from Geissele with a coupon which came out to be the same price and it's HPT/MPI.

The carry handle I also agree is suspect, but I'm hoping it works well. Again, I'll let you know on Thursday when I receive mine. I'm hoping it's usable and robust!

I'm just hoping the 14.5" upper is perfect, is actually pinned and welded, really is the Remington CHF 4150 barrel (hopefully the socom profile), and the carry handle works as well as a legitimate one. Maybe I'm asking for too much?
    Last edited by jthrelf; April 7th, 2020 at 02:23 PM.

If the barrel is truly CHF that alone pre panic is worth over $200.00 alone making that upper a good deal. The other parts I will leave you guy's to argue out I know what works and what I likes and I sticks to it. I am not interested in finding out what doesn't down the line especially when we are talking $10-$20.00 in differences.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If the barrel is truly CHF that alone pre panic is worth over $200.00 alone making that upper a good deal. The other parts I will leave you guy's to argue out I know what works and what I likes and I sticks to it. I am not interested in finding out what doesn't down the line especially when we are talking $10-$20.00 in differences.
    The question is:

Is it this barrel which is not marked
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-barr...ngton-def.html

or this one which is marked
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pist...remington.html

the gamble is adding some excitement
    Last edited by jthrelf; April 7th, 2020 at 03:12 PM.

(Allegheny County)

For bolt carrier groups, I went back and found the posts I made not long ago when I was trying to find one that was decent, but affordable.
    Start here.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...44#post4164244
    Half are out of stock now, and some have increased a bit in price, but there may be vendors some people wouldn't know about otherwise.

Note that Durkin Tactical seems to buy out quantities from various makers - They don't specify, but a bunch of stuff on the site is Bear Creek Arsenal stuff.
    (It was easy to determine because they use BCA's photos and they copy/paste the specs from BCA)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Not a terrible price. I paid $50 for mine many years ago.
    These feed great.

Black Dog Machine .22LR AR 50 Round Drum Magazine
    https://www.righttobear.com/Blackdog...tm?Click=64422
    $57.95

Compatible conversion units:

• Right To Bear
    • CMMG
    • Ciener/Atchisson
    • Model 1 Sales
    • Spikes Tactical
    • Tactical Solutions
    • Target Master
    • Kel-Tec PLR22
    • Sig Sauer 522
    • CMMG
    • Bushmaster Combo Kit

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    First off, they have a Bushmaster M16 (full auto) profile BCG for $99 also. That is a better choice (you can google semi-auto BCG vs. full auto BCG) since it's a bit heavier.

I just received that BCG and I agree with EM, you can probably find a better deal. It's listed as nitrided but it's just standard parkerized. It's also not marked MPI. Does have the o-ring FWIW. The fit and finish is acceptable so no huge issue with buying it (besides maybe not saving $20). I'm sending it back with my other upper due to not being nitrided like it said, and also because I bought one from Geissele with a coupon which came out to be the same price and it's HPT/MPI.

The carry handle I also agree is suspect, but I'm hoping it works well. Again, I'll let you know on Thursday when I receive mine. I'm hoping it's usable and robust!

I'm just hoping the 14.5" upper is perfect, is actually pinned and welded, really is the Remington CHF 4150 barrel (hopefully the socom profile), and the carry handle works as well as a legitimate one. Maybe I'm asking for too much?
    I actually don't care about the handle, but it could be a nice throw-in. Be sure to post your review, I'm interested!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Northumberland County)

Natchez has refurbished Nikon scopes, anywhere from $30 to several hundred dollars in savings. A few of them look like solid deals. Everything from tactical-and-small to long range, big lenses stuff

https://outdoors.natchezss.com/searc...paign=48247-NA

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Thanks for your input. I consider you our expert budget AR builder so it counts for a lot.

I'm likely going to wait out PSA, they seem to have a solid reputation for quality on a budget and would be less than this setup and at least $100 less total if I can get one that includes BCG.

I've waited this long, another month won't kill me. I REALLY want to finish off this build but I can't even go to my range to try it, so no need to rush into a bad deal.
    Where are you at in the middle of PA?

My buddy does some internet stuff for Security Military Depot in Home PA and he has complete basic PSA uppers and lowers in FDE for about $450 for the pair iirc.
    Buy one of each and pin them together.

Those “custom” uppers from CDNN scream pieces and parts of all different companies.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Where are you at in the middle of PA?

My buddy does some internet stuff for Security Military Depot in Home PA and he has complete basic PSA uppers and lowers in FDE for about $450 for the pair iirc.
    Buy one of each and pin them together.

Those “custom” uppers from CDNN scream pieces and parts of all different companies.
    Because that's what they are.

CDNN buys closeouts and similar large purchases.
    They assemble a lot of the uppers on their site. The various brands included are listed, which is better than all the other discount/bargain websites where you have no idea what the thing is made of.

Some of their build stuff you couldn't pay me to take, but others are just fine and can be a good bargain.

All of my guns are pieces and parts of all different companies. So long as said parts aren't junk, there's no problem doing that.

Page 1799 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 79912991699174917891795179617971798179918001801180218031809184918992299 ... LastLast