Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Recover Tactical has 25% off on "almost everything" w/ code MDS25. Right now they also have free shipping sitewide also. This is the best deal I have seen them offer.

Link
    I'll poke around a bit, but seems crazy that they still sell these things.
    Are people gonna SBR their Glocks?
    I suspect people will be buying instant felon kits without even realizing it.

I considered buying one of these from a forum member, but after shooting it, I found it very difficult to shoot, so it was a "pass" for me.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I considered buying one of these from a forum member, but after shooting it, I found it very difficult to shoot, so it was a "pass" for me.

I think their rail adapters/keys and charging handles are their primary sellers. I have their rail adapter for my Shield Plus and it fits so well it looks like it came with the gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    I think their rail adapters/keys and charging handles are their primary sellers. I have their rail adapter for my Shield Plus and it fits so well it looks like it came with the gun.
    Yeah, there are a few items that could be useful to someone - and that's a good discount.
    Free shipping is usually the hook that wins me over, but I'm not seeing anything I need at the moment.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    $400 AR by Andro
    That's a great deal.

You're getting a nice handguard with MANY mounting options for accessories, plus it's a midlength gas system vs carbine, plus you get a mag with it.
    All for less than a lot of basic M4 style carbines that come with no mag, and a harsher carbine gas system, and a shitty, plastic handguard.

Handled one at a show before the FATF dropped the brace rule. Its interesting to say the least. With the accessories (rail mount, optic mount, charging handle, etc) its not a bad idea. Basically a micro microroni, stripped down to bare minimum.

As for shooting one? Hard pass. Braced AR9 does everything and more that this does, and looks proper

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    shipping & tax make it an avg deal, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I might consider it if fiocchi 5.7 didn't have such a bad reputation. I've never shot it myself but my buddy averaged a 4% failure rate out of his ps90 where out of the 2000 rounds I've had through mine, suffered zero failures using FN ammo. He bought 100 rounds and filled 2 50 round magsmags, and had 2 failures per mag. All the fn ammo he's fed has run without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    It works out cheaper from Battlehawk armory even though it is a couple more cents a round. If you order over $200 shipping is included and they don*t charge you tax.

450 rounds from PSA after all is said and done is $264

450 rounds from BA after all is said and done is $239

So about $25 less

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...kiarmslistings

Hopefully your friend had a bad batch. I*ve shot a lot of Fiocchi in other calibers without a problem. Can*t say for 5.7 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Their 7.62x39 is terrible from what I've heard. The 5.7 might have had problems in the p90 due to it's wonky design, so there is some hope that it would work better in a regular pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I*ve only used it in handgun calibers. 9mm, .380, .45. I seem to remember having some 10mm but might be misremembering. Can*t recall any problems. Hopefully that streak will continue.
    I bought two boxes of the Fiocchi 5.7 bulk packs. All ran fine in my Ruger 57 and PS90. Just bought two more boxes. It's cheaper and a little hotter than AE5728. Makes for decent plinking ammo. As far as Fiocchi having a poor reputation, other than PSA, ALL non-boutique (i.e. EA, Vanguard, etc.) 5.7x28mm is made by Fiocchi. PSA is the only other manufacturer that produces 5.7x28mm in bulk.

(Allegheny County)

(deal orig posted May 18) vvv

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Arms unlimited coming in hot with ar .22 conversion mags deals $8.00 each 25 rounds , the more you buy the more you save 5% with 4 or more 10% off for 10 or more

https://armsunlimited.com/au-25-roun...-kit-magazine/

Attachment 166529
    That is an amazing fucking price.
    Those are CMMG mags that sell for $20 each on sale - I see no difference.

That said, AU has some bad press, so be advised.
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...arms+unlimited

I waited and waited, and waited, but I could no longer ignore what a freaking STEAL this is.
    I placed an order on Thursday, May 25th. I received NO email confirmation after placing the order.
    OK, I did read that they manually enter these, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and I had to consider that it was leading into Memorial day weekend, so...

Well, I did get an email with a "shipped" notice today (29th - Memorial day) and a USPS tracking number.
    Obviously it hasn't shipped yet, but at least I did get this far. Will update when they arrive. (or not)

(deal orig posted May 18)
    I waited and waited, and waited, but I could no longer ignore what a freaking STEAL this is.
    I placed an order on Thursday, May 25th. I received NO email confirmation after placing the order.
    OK, I did read that they manually enter these, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and I had to consider that it was leading into Memorial day weekend, so...

Well, I did get an email with a "shipped" notice today (29th - Memorial day) and a USPS tracking number.
    Obviously it hasn't shipped yet, but at least I did get this far. Will update when they arrive. (or not)
    How is the accuracy with those conversion kits? I've read on the webz that it's pretty bad, but I know no one personally who has one.

I've also heard fouling is pretty bad?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    How is the accuracy with those conversion kits? I've read on the webz that it's pretty bad, but I know no one personally who has one.

I've also heard fouling is pretty bad?
    I dunno. I hear it's not as good as a dedicated 22LR barreled upper. (that's what I have)

The "conversion" in that product title is confusing to those not familiar with these things.
    Those mags have absolutely ZERO to do with "conversions" aside from being mags that work with them - and regular 22LR uppers.
    I would bet that they sell far fewer due to their confusing description.

And yeah - any 22 is dirty. I started with a 22 upper and swapped it back and forth on my 5.56 lower, but shooting 22 made my trigger group FILTHY, so I just built another lower to have a complete 22 AR15 to keep the filth to that one gun.

(Allegheny County)

Here's a 22LR CONVERSION bolt carrier group
    Note the 5.56-looking "case" at the nose - that slips into the chamber the way a 5.56 round would.

Here's a 22LR BCG that is used along with a 22LR barrel
    Exactly the same, minus the chamber adapter, because this one mates up to a 22LR barrel.

Page 2480 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 14801980238024302470247624772478247924802481248224832484249025302580 ... LastLast