Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Running a small business is a lot of work...especially if its a one or two man band.

When I was running the group buys, I wasn't shipping anything, but always answering questions, taking calls, sitting on these forums for hours on end discussing the products and so forth. When I did the lancer mags, I was constantly running to the post office. Getting to the PO was the easy part...printing, packing, labeling, and packing up the car was another animal all together...and then meeting up with those from NJ who couldn't have them shipped. It all takes time.

And then the bitching starts...and it makes your job that much more frustrating because some idiot has a short attention span and can't wait a couple days for his order to ship.

From a small business owners perspective...regardless of what you do for your customers, it comes across as if its never enough.

This is not directed to any of you on this thread...just making an overall point for future consideration.
    Last edited by RenoV8; September 15th, 2021 at 03:34 AM.

(Chester County)

I've run a couple of small businesses in my time and anybody can get someone a product eventually, giving your customers good service brings them back time and time again. Nearly everything these days is a commodity, available from dozens of vendors. I gave outstanding service as a biz owner and expect outstanding service from those I give my money to, crappy service = lost customers.

I requested communication from combatarmory and got it, they haven't been my #1 parts vendor in the past but they'll get another shot because they were responsive. Blow me off and watch me take my business elsewhere.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How fucking busy can they be filling orders for Glock springs and tread protectors?
    They've had nothing in stock for over a year!
    small business to even the medium outfits are having trouble keeping up , they are supposedly an actual machine shop and between employees not wanting to work lately and plain and simply material availability to make things I'm not surprised. Hell I ordered and paid for a silencerco switchback last October ...... it showed up at the shop last week and that was all due to material availability just to produce the thing ( I called silencerco at one point and asked them what the timeframe was and why it was taking so long)

I still have to wait upwards of a year plus now waiting for the atf to approve my stamp. Essentially base materials right now are a difficult to get commodity and that's not just the firearm community, it's across the board right now.

milk crates direct have apparently jumped 50% from the last time we ordered.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    milk crates direct have apparently jumped 50% from the last time we ordered.
    Stupid current internet fad.

If you live near a rural king they've got some 200 round 9MM Winchester range packs for $69.99, not the best I've seen but cheaper than I was expecting.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    If you live near a rural king they've got some 200 round 9MM Winchester range packs for $69.99, not the best I've seen but cheaper than I was expecting.
    $15/50 is damn nice in my book for brass these days...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    $17.50

Anyone reloading for 223/5.56, here's a primer/bullet package

https://www.xtremebullets.com/Primers-s/55115.htm

Using free brass and $500 worth (2x8lb) of CFE223 powder works out to about 32cpr for 5K rounds, not bad in today's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Yeah I was kind of annoyed, they didn't have any prices back in the gun section on them so I just grabbed a box. When she rang it up I was going to go back for a few more boxes but the wife was in a hurry lol. I still have quite a bit of 9mm just wanted to restock from some I shot last week.

Page 2214 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 12141714211421642204221022112212221322142215221622172218222422642314 ... LastLast