Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Xtreme Bullets and Freedom Munitions are having 10% off sales again. 9mm 115 RN are 48 and change for 500, rounds from Freedom are a little over $.40
    NRA Life Member

ewww.. freedom "munitions"
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lehigh County)

I guess they own Xtreme or vice versa. Never bought from Freedom but I use a lot of Xtreme plated bullets so it's good to see that their prices are going down. They used to have 20% off with free shipping around patriotic holidays. I still have enough inventory so I'm holding out for still lower prices.
    NRA Life Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    One other thing to check also, i noticed on mine that it seems to be the original style locking bar. You may end up having the spring pinching issues that people talk about. They sell a modified one for replacement that is cut like a feed ramp, it was my understanding that all new orders came with this pre installed but apparently not...im not keeping mine.

https://www.rarebreedfirearms.com/re...-bar-modified/

Also replacement springs (but you can buy them from mcmaster carr cheaper)

Or just ship it off to Armament and have them do the upgrade for $75. Or DIY with dremel and a bolt catch spring/plunger.

https://armamentusa.com/product/856/
    The new RB triggers which were shipped after April include the new bar. I believe they put out a video mentioning this to those who were looking to modify through Armament.

There is an excellent thread of ar15 which speaks to many of the issues being experienced by those who purchased the original trigger. Tuning the rifles has different elements which, if you follow the thread, reveal themselves in an interesting manner. You can speed up or down the ROF by using different buffers and or springs. One can also use a trigger reset spring in conjunction with the RB trigger spring to get one shot rounds.

It all depends on how involved you want to be in this process. I bit the bullet and have a couple of these headed my way. Will give them a shot and see what I can do with the three different set ups I am going to try.

Once the rifle is tuned in...it will either run liked a raped ape at 1100-1200 ROF or a mellower 900 ROF.
    Last edited by RenoV8; June 26th, 2021 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The new RB triggers which were shipped after April include the new bar. I believe they put out a video mentioning this to those who were looking to modify through Armament.

There is an excellent thread of ar15 which speaks to many of the issues being experienced by those who purchased the original trigger. Tuning the rifles has different elements which, if you follow the thread, reveal themselves in an interesting manner. You can speek up or down the ROF by using different buffers and or springs. One can also use a trigger reset spring in conjunction with the RB trigger spring to get one shot rounds.

It all depends on how involved you want to be in this process. I bit the bullet and have a couple of these headed my way. Will give them a shot and see what I can do with the three different set ups I am going to try.

Once the rifle is tuned in...it will either run liked a raped ape at 1100-1200 ROF or a mellower 900 ROF.
    Mine shipped 2 weeks ago. Still has the original style bar. Theres a thread i found on arfcom where other people have had the same issue with ones that shipped after may 1, no mods done. Seems the only ones updated were the ones sold thru big daddy unlimited.

For what i paid (and how much they jack up shipping) its not worth it. Not to mention i still have to get my bcg machined (because odinworks lied about the full auto compatibility) and spend another $115 to have armament do the full mods to work in a 9mm setup. Thats $600 total, for something with little practical use other than range/end of the world.

I’ll sell it, buy a standard 3.5lb match grade single stage drop in for $100, get a hellfire stealth for $45 from firequest, and accomplish the same thing if i want rapid fire semi auto. Bonus, i can turn the hellfire stealth off. If RB redesigns this to run with a 3 position selector, then maybe i’ll buy another.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Mine shipped 2 weeks ago. Still has the original style bar. Theres a thread i found on arfcom where other people have had the same issue with ones that shipped after may 1, no mods done. Seems the only ones updated were the ones sold thru big daddy unlimited.

For what i paid (and how much they jack up shipping) its not worth it. Not to mention i still have to get my bcg machined (because odinworks lied about the full auto compatibility) and spend another $115 to have armament do the full mods to work in a 9mm setup. Thats $600 total, for something with little practical use other than range/end of the world.

I*ll sell it, buy a standard 3.5lb match grade single stage drop in for $100, get a hellfire stealth for $45 from firequest, and accomplish the same thing if i want rapid fire semi auto. Bonus, i can turn the hellfire stealth off. If RB redesigns this to run with a 3 position selector, then maybe i*ll buy another.

I am reading conflicting statements from different threads on the same forum. Some say they have the modified bar on their latest shipments...others say they have the original one. Funny thing is...rare Breed has the replacement bar listed as a replacement on their own site...but its out of stock. They also are selling springs.

The only 9mm this trigger works on out of the box is the Banshee. I have not seen any other 9mm branded pistol or rifle mentioned as having any success with this trigger. I also believe the manufacturer states this trigger is only for AR15 rifles using a full auto bolt.

Nonetheless, your experience has been a mix of relying on others to represent themselves and the products they offer...and the resulting dissatisfaction in dealing with both.

I am willing to play with this trigger and get it right. Most who I have personally spoken with about their experience have been honest about the initial frustration, which ultimately led to finding success, after reading the couple threads listed on AR15. Those guys are adamant about finding multiple fixes and ways to improve upon this design. The Armament company has also come out with fixes, which I will stay away from for the time being.

Its a bummer having to go through the aggravation and not come out on the other end with a sense of satisfaction.

Per Rare Breeds website...

https://vimeo.com/566209007
    Last edited by RenoV8; June 26th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I am reading conflicting statements from different threads on the same forum. Some say they have the modified bar on their latest shipments...others say they have the original one. Funny thing is...rare Breed has the replacement bar listed as a replacement on their own site...but its out of stock. They also are selling springs.

The only 9mm this trigger works on out of the box is the Banshee. I have not seen any other 9mm branded pistol or rifle mentioned as having any success with this trigger. I also believe the manufacturer states this trigger is only for AR15 rifles using a full auto bolt.

Nonetheless, your experience has been a mix of relying on others to represent themselves and the products they offer...and the resulting dissatisfaction in dealing with both.

I am willing to play with this trigger and get it right. Most who I have personally spoken with about their experience have been honest about the initial frustration, which ultimately led to finding success, after reading the couple threads listed on AR15. Those guys are adamant about finding multiple fixes and ways to improve upon this design. The Armament company has also come out with fixes, which I will stay away from for the time being.

Its a bummer having to go through the aggravation and not come out on the other end with a sense of satisfaction.

Edit to add...

The threads ive read (and from what Armament told me) they will work in AR9 if you have a full auto bcg.

My issue is that Odinworks listed their 9mm bcg as FA compatible - its obviously not, as confirmed by Armament. He ran into the same issue last week with a local customer.

I’m sure i could get it working with a different bcg. I just dont want to have to spend another $75-$200 to either mod my Odin or buy a new one when i can spend $140 and accomplish the same end goal. The Odin bolt needs almost a full 1/4” milled off the sear trip surface to even close the upper with this trigger installed. Problem is, if i do that then i cant run the bolt buffer weight because it will stick too far forward and (i suspect) will hit the little tab that resets the trigger.

I found someone local with a Kaw valley (made by faxon and rebranded afaik) and a spikes bolt that i might be able to swap in. If either work, then i’ll replace with one of those. Part of me wants to get a spikes bolt anyway to pair with my upper, just to see if my feeding issues and lrbho issues go away

(Washington County)

I’m calling the FRT-15 the greatest thing to happen to the AR platform since the federal AWB ended. Keep it and get it sorted out.

(Allegheny County)

MidwayUSA

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I’m calling the FRT-15 the greatest thing to happen to the AR platform since the federal AWB ended. Keep it and get it sorted out.
    I got a couple bites on it but no takers, yet. Its money already spent, not like it’ll kill me to keep it. Really wish i had the 3 position selector with it though, and/or an AR15 platform rifle/pistol to run it in

Page 2166 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 11661666206621162156216221632164216521662167216821692170217622162266 ... LastLast