Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Whats the difference between reman and new from them? Im assuming they are producing these rounds themselves, theyre not from a third party manufacturer. Are the reman rounds just loaded into once fired brass? All being reloaded on the same equipment, it should be just as safe to shoot as the new.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Whats the difference between reman and new from them? Im assuming they are producing these rounds themselves, theyre not from a third party manufacturer. Are the reman rounds just loaded into once fired brass? All being reloaded on the same equipment, it should be just as safe to shoot as the new.
    Remanufactured is just a fancy word for "reloaded".

New is new.
    Remanufactured is reloads.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

New is new.
    I bought 9mm reman from Freedom once. The cases were kind of corroded and very dirty. Had a few feeding issues as well. Turned me off.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

New is new.
    Bought from them once...once was enough.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Bought from them once...once was enough.
    This is the ammo that has reportedly blown up more than a few firearms and hands. QC doesn't seem to be good. Do a quick internet search before buying reman.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

I've shot tons of new stuff from Freedom Munitions and it was always good stuff. Just saying.

DONT BE THAT GUY ! Experienced twice re-manufactured ammo and blew apart a S&W 686 and an AK ,thankfully with no serious injurys .

(Washington County)

The only reloads I shoot are my own. A friend bought a case of reman 55gr 5.56 from Freedom a few years ago and had two squibs at the range. We started pulling projectiles and checking powder. Found more with just a pinch of powder and overall inconsistent powder weights. They had him ship back the remainder of the case and sent him a full replacement case. I don’t think he had issues with the replacement but the worry while shooting was already there.

(Perry County)

The QC at Freedom is suspect. I've had some light loads etc. Obviously remanufactured adds one more potential problem. They were buying brass, advertising for it and paying cash or offering money off of the next order. That's great if you're getting once fired from a range. More problematic if some shitbird is sending his brass that he's already loaded eight times.

I've got some in 9mm that I'm still shooting. I've used up a lot of it but I won't put it in any high-dollar guns.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

They went bankrupt last year and I believe they are being run by a new owner or company. Who knows what their putting out now, maybe better, maybe worse.

Page 1917 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 91714171817186719071913191419151916191719181919192019211927196720172417 ... LastLast