Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

A few years back I bought a pair of Merrell hiking shoes to wear to mow lawns since they are a good brand and they have decent tread patterns.
    Some of the most comfy, sturdy shoes I've ever owned. I bought more and wore them the next season too.
    My feet started hurting. It got to the point where I was wincing in pain with each step - I was scared. I thought I had something going on that needed addressed by a doctor.

I switched back to wearing Asics running shoes and pretty soon, my foot pain went away.
    Not sure what was up with that - the Merrells felt great on my feet - something about them just didn't agree with me though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The Merrell Moab 2 is the only shoe that comfortably fits my size 15 feet. I don't even bother trying on other shoes anymore. If I didn't have a few pairs right now, I'd jump on this sale. Something to keep in mind for next year.
    Damn and I thought I had a big foot at a size 13.

I have completely flat feet which is a bitch in itself, and on top of that would get Plantar fasciitis in both feet often. I haven't gotten it once since discovering the Moab 2 hikers. For the winter months I wear the same only in the mid rise. I tried one of their other lines without the vibram would and knew immediately they weren't going to work. Sent them back and ordered the moab's again.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    A few years back I bought a pair of Merrell hiking shoes to wear to mow lawns since they are a good brand and they have decent tread patterns.
    Some of the most comfy, sturdy shoes I've ever owned. I bought more and wore them the next season too.
    My feet started hurting. It got to the point where I was wincing in pain with each step - I was scared. I thought I had something going on that needed addressed by a doctor.

I switched back to wearing Asics running shoes and pretty soon, my foot pain went away.
    Not sure what was up with that - the Merrells felt great on my feet - something about them just didn't agree with me though.
    Comes a point in life where you find what works and stick with it, then hope they never stop making it.

One thing I've found with Merrells is there is variation even within the same model. There are half a dozen different types of Moab shoes. I only wear the regular Moab and Moab 2 sneaker/hikers and the Moab Adventure shoes. I tried the Moab Gore-Tex and found them to be too narrow due to the the added insulation. Their short lived safety-toed Moabs had the same problem. I tried one of their non-Moab shoes and it didn't fit at all, despite being listed as a 15.

Thankfully, Merrell has pretty good customer service and will take care of you if your issue is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Damn and I thought I had a big foot at a size 13.

I have completely flat feet which is a bitch in itself, and on top of that would get Plantar fasciitis in both feet often. I haven't gotten it once since discovering the Moab 2 hikers. For the winter months I wear the same only in the mid rise. I tried one of their other lines without the vibram would and knew immediately they weren't going to work. Sent them back and ordered the moab's again.
    My feet have gone from a 13 to 15 in the past 20 years. The older and fatter I get, the flatter my feet get. Hopefully, they're done flattening. Merrells only go to 15, lol.

(Tioga County)

Merrell is not as good as it used to be. I do wear the Merrell Tactical shoes for work. They have very good stability and traction but it's like standing on concrete so immediately I replace the insole with a Dr. Scholls gel insole.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    One thing I've found with Merrells is there is variation even within the same model. There are half a dozen different types of Moab shoes. I only wear the regular Moab and Moab 2 sneaker/hikers and the Moab Adventure shoes. I tried the Moab Gore-Tex and found them to be too narrow due to the the added insulation. Their short lived safety-toed Moabs had the same problem. I tried one of their non-Moab shoes and it didn't fit at all, despite being listed as a 15.

Thankfully, Merrell has pretty good customer service and will take care of you if your issue is reasonable.
    One of the things I did with Merrell was go half a size down but to the wide shoe and that worked really well. Typically I had been wearing a 11.5 but went to a 11W and all good.

(Westmoreland County)

If you moved back to an actual "running" shoe, the difference was likely in the arch support. It may not be visibly apparent, but the shoe made as a running shoe will have a stronger arch that will relieve a lot of the angular strain on different parts of your foot. I had the same issue when I could not wear a "cross training" athletic shoe. On the recommendation of a podiatrist conversation, I switched to a running shoe and the foot pain was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Merrell is not as good as it used to be. I do wear the Merrell Tactical shoes for work. They have very good stability and traction but it's like standing on concrete so immediately I replace the insole with a Dr. Scholls gel insole.
    Any model without the Vibram sole hurt my feet too, any model with the Vibram sole resolves my terrible conic foot pain. As mentioned in the above post the arch support in these models is far superior then any other shoe I have ever used or been recommended to use by Dr's. I have found temporary relief from New Balance and other off the shelf brand name sneakers in the $80-$125.00 range, but the interiors only last about 3 months before they are completely flattened out for me. The Merrell's last about 9 months for me before I start getting some minor aches and pains back so I will throw in a Dr soles pad and can get a year of daily use out of them before retiring them to yard duty and getting a new pair. I used to use only Timberland Pro hikers and they were good until they changed everything to much cheaper materials which meant less comfort and they would start to completely disintegrate within 9 months, all with the same over inflated price.

Only got one pair of feet for life so find what works and stick with it regardless of the brand.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 14th, 2020 at 10:41 AM.

(Washington County)

Alright I ordered a pair of shoes.

Now get back to the gun stuff!

Page 1838 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 83813381738178818281834183518361837183818391840184118421848188819382338 ... LastLast