Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

I love my Frank Proctor slings for my AR pistols. They attach with the integrated paracord and are extremely versatile.
    I have Gear Sector slings on all my carbines because that's what I started out with and want them all to be the same type.
    I think a "full size" sling is overkill on a pistol (for my purposes), so the Proctor sling is ideal with it's minimalist design and light weight.
    The Proctor would probably be fine on a carbine too, but I like the softer/thicker material on the Gear Sector better for slinging a heavier weapon.

I highly recommend people at least look into them. Very well made and very affordable.

Independent review of Proctor sling
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Video with Frank Proctor explaining how to attach his sling...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Funny you mentioning paracord sling.
    Last night I finally remembered to fix a small problem with how my sling attaches on my AK.
    I have the HK hooks that clip onto the metal sling mounts, but the mounting points are designed to loop sling material through, and the slots are too narrow - the hooks get bound up in janky positions instead of moving freely.

There are really nice "wire loop" attachments that are popular, but they cost $12+ each.
    Paracord is cheap and it will do the same thing.

Mine.

Here's a video showing how to make a loop to use as a sling attachment. There are lots of ways you can attach a sling using this method.
    (I didn't remove the guts of the paracord)
    That's all fine and dandy but now we need to discuss what kind of knots to use for that for five pages.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Aaannnnnd the last video (I promise) since I'm touting the features of the Proctor Sling.
    Pretty slick. I used a ranger band, but I may have to try this!

Last edited by Emptymag; April 18th, 2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo

(Clinton County)

Funny you mentioning paracord sling.
    Last night I finally remembered to fix a small problem with how my sling attaches on my AK.
    I have the HK hooks that clip onto the metal sling mounts, but the mounting points are designed to loop sling material through, and the slots are too narrow - the hooks get bound up in janky positions instead of moving freely.

There are really nice "wire loop" attachments that are popular, but they cost $12+ each.
    Paracord is cheap and it will do the same thing.

Mine.

Here's a video showing how to make a loop to use as a sling attachment. There are lots of ways you can attach a sling using this method.
    (I didn't remove the guts of the paracord)

Doesn't the sling attachment point get hot? Wouldn't that melt the paracord? I've always put a key ring on there and then hitch knotted the paracord on.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Doesn't the sling attachment point get hot? Wouldn't that melt the paracord? I've always put a key ring on there and then hitch knotted the paracord on.
    I guess we'll find out, but I wouldn't think that Rob Ski would make a video showing how to do it if that were a factor - and he knows a little more about the AK than I do.

In every Youtube video I've watched when researching the Proctor sling, there are always people making the claim that the paracord will melt, but I've yet to see anyone saying that it actually does.

(Clinton County)

I guess we'll find out, but I wouldn't think that Rob Ski would make a video showing how to do it if that were a factor - and he knows a little more about the AK than I do.

In every Youtube video I've watched when researching the Proctor sling, there are always people making the claim that the paracord will melt, but I've yet to see anyone saying that it actually does.
    Good points. Always wondered about it but Rob is definitely the guru that would know.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Good points. Always wondered about it but Rob is definitely the guru that would know.
    I do wonder now if that could be the reason he removes the white "guts" of the paracord. That stuff does melt pretty good when using the lighter to seal the ends after you cut it.

Hmmmm...

(Allegheny County)

Gerber Bear Grylls Blowout Knives & Tools

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotio...=gerber-grylls

(Allegheny County)

Sale $9.75
    Free shipping ANY TIME on ANY SIZE ORDER with code "DTOMUSA"

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com/produ...31412737704003

"This design is owned and copyrighted by the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL.ORG)
    and is used with permission of the VCDL. None of the proceeds are going to VCDL."

Page 1815 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 81513151715176518051811181218131814181518161817181818191825186519152315 ... LastLast