Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Really?

Complete upper for $269, so you're saying he paid $147?
    Complete lower for $169, he paid $92?

Wow, didn't realize they have been that cheap in the last few weeks!

EDIT: Seems Alpaca paid $10 more direct from Palmetto for the same upper just in a different color...
    Calling a shop a crook seems a bit wrong here at this point when they're selling the same product $10 cheaper than the place making and marketing them...
    No, I'm saying less than a year ago you could get a complete freedom upper for $179.99 and a complete freedom lower for $99.99. That's hardly time machine worthy and nowhere near unreasonable to expect to want prices to go back to somewhere near that. If this is when he bought his stock then yes that's what the mark up is. Informing people what is a deal or not a deal in the share deals thread seems appropriate. Will people still buy at panic prices, sure. I won't. Nowhere did I call him a crook so don't put words in my mouth.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    No, I'm saying less than a year ago you could get a complete freedom upper for $179.99 and a complete freedom lower for $99.99. That's hardly time machine worthy and nowhere near unreasonable to expect to want prices to go back to somewhere near that. If this is when he bought his stock then yes that's what the mark up is. Informing people what is a deal or not a deal in the share deals thread seems appropriate. Will people still buy at panic prices, sure. I won't. Nowhere did I call him a crook so don't put words in my mouth.
    You could have bought last week's winning lottery ticket for $1, but it's worth more this week.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You could have bought last week's winning lottery ticket for $1, but it's worth more this week.
    And they could post a gun DEAL in the gun deal thread but instead it's just current market value.
    And your analogy is terrible, just like your last one.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

Where the hell have any of you been in the last 4-5 pages? All of a sudden you wake up and decide to lose your shit about someone daring to point out what prices were like not too long ago in an effort to hopefully some day see them go back to somewhat normal again. Why does it have to be accepted that it's ok to overpay for something? Sure, it's panic pricing right now, but it won't be forever so I was making a statement of where they could be again. I don't need to buy panic priced ARs, if you do then have at it but to denigrate someone for pointing out that inflated panic prices are not normal prices is stupid.

But then again, some people benefit from attempting to silence voices that threaten their ability to sell at inflated prices.
    μολ ν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    And they could post a gun DEAL in the gun deal thread but instead it's just current market value.
    And your analogy is terrible, just like your last one.
    Basic economics says that there are 3 types of utility provided by a seller: Time, place, and manner.

This one is about "time".

Someone looking to buy NOW could have bought last year, when prices were lower. Instead, they want to buy this year, when prices are higher.

The sane question for someone looking to buy now is "what's the cheapest I can get that for NOW?"

Your point was irrelevant, and others are gently trying to explain that to you. You are like someone at a bus station, where a traveler asks "what's the fastest way to Dallas today?" and you chime in with "Well, yesterday the Express ran." Not helpful, or relevant.

Not everyone understands analogies. That's OK.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Really?

Complete upper for $269, so you're saying he paid $147?
    Complete lower for $169, he paid $92?

Wow, didn't realize they have been that cheap in the last few weeks!

EDIT: Seems Alpaca paid $10 more direct from Palmetto for the same upper just in a different color...
    Calling a shop a crook seems a bit wrong here at this point when they're selling the same product $10 cheaper than the place making and marketing them...
    The green was the only one in stock, so I took that one.

Anyways, I don't think the point of this thread is to only buy items when they're at an all-time low price. The firearms market is volatile based on current events, so the benefit of this thread is to find the best deal you can find RIGHT NOW.

Do I wish I bought 2 months ago and saved $40-50? Of course, but I, and others, who want something now are helping each other find the best deal we can at this moment.

I'm working from home now and for the first time in years actually have the time to build some things...so yes, I'm getting what I need now so I can finish it.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; April 13th, 2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    The green was the only one in stock, so I took that one

Anyways, I don't think the point of this thread is to only buy items when they're at an all-time low price. The firearms market is volatile based on current events, so the benefit of this thread is to find the best deal you can find RIGHT NOW.

Do I wish I bought 2 months ago and saved $40-50? Of course, but I, and others, who want something now are helping each other find the best deal we can at this moment.

I'm working from home now and for the first time in years actually have the time to build some things...so yes, I'm getting what I need now so I can finish it.
    I understand the bolded above and that's exactly what I was attempting to do when I asked you where you were located and offered that a shop local to me had the same thing you just bought.
    And now I see he is selling it even cheaper than you bought it for online right from Palmetto.

I tried helping you and others, but all I got was my local shop being called out for apparently buying stuff last year and sitting on it until now and still selling it cheaper than Palmetto currently is?

Had you called the shop I suggested and it wasn't too far of a drive, you'd have indeed saved money, the very point of this thread.
    Despite the nagging by another and his unwillingness to understand basic economics I did offer help.

Whatever, this place never changes...

Seems to me your post should be directed at another, I'm the one who tried to help in the current time not the one who went on about prices months ago.
    Last edited by HSMaxim; April 13th, 2020 at 02:59 PM.

I didn't see your LGS post, sorry.

With the current conditions, I was really focusing on searching online anyways.

I do appreciate any help anyone throws my way.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

A refresher from the original post in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I've been running a thread on deals over on PA2A and thought I'd start one here as well.

These are crazy times. Help a brother out by posting up specials, sales, hard-to-find items... whatever you think someone here may find helpful.

As is usually the case, when someone posts "Hey, X has 9mm in stock for $2.00", someone else inevitably feels the need to belittle said poster by saying "Pffffttt!!! XXX has it for $1.99!!! You just have to look around!"

While info on BETTER deals are WELCOME, please refrain from using wording that is insulting to the person who was just trying to help.

Got a tip on a deal? Pass it along!

Thanks!
    EM

ETA: When clicking links posted to buy products, ALWAYS look to see if the price is still as posted.
    Retailers are raising prices without warning, so look before you add to your cart!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here another victim of the kung flu virus !

Page 1808 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 80813081708175817981804180518061807180818091810181118121818185819082308 ... LastLast