Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

What size handguard does this look like to you? Seller says it's A2, is that the same as carbine? This doesn't look like a mid-length to me, looks like carbine. It's a 16" rifle upper.

Thanks!

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, carbine length.
    Differs only in that instead of an "A2" front sight gas block, it uses a gas block with a rail that you can mount a front sight to.

Only drawback is if you want to later add a longer, free float handguard, the gas block may sit too high.
    I don't know the height on that style gas block though, so I can't say that it won't work.

Otherwise, if you're ok with the plastic hand guards, just add a front sight and go.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    What size handguard does this look like to you? Seller says it's A2, is that the same as carbine? This doesn't look like a mid-length to me, looks like carbine. It's a 16" rifle upper.

Thanks!

Agree, carbine length

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, carbine length.
    Differs only in that instead of an "A2" front sight gas block, it uses a gas block with a rail that you can mount a front sight to.

Only drawback is if you want to later add a longer, free float handguard, the gas block may sit too high.
    I don't know the height on that style gas block though, so I can't say that it won't work.

Otherwise, if you're ok with the plastic hand guards, just add a front sight and go.
    I have a reflex optic now, and a set of those flip-up sights that you posted a dirt-cheap deal on, so this might be a plan instead of having an iron sight. As for the handguard, if I can remove the one that comes on it. the Matrix Kryptec Magpul set I have is going on it. That's why I'm looking for carbine length.

I might go for this one. It's an Anderson. It's also the first one I've seen without an iron sight with this style handguard.

Sportsman's Guide has it for $349 WITH BCG and charging handle, $319 member price which I might do.

Kentucky Gun Co has it for $279 without BCG and handle.

I have an 80 percent arms lower completely built now and am milling out a second Anderson lower right now, that would mate nicely with this if I build that one too.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; April 6th, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I have a reflex optic now, and a set of those flip-up sights that you posted a dirt-cheap deal on, so this might be a plan instead of having an iron sight. As for the handguard, if I can remove the one that comes on it. the Matrix Kryptec Magpul set I have is going on it. That's why I'm looking for carbine length.

I might go for this one. It's an Anderson. It's also the first one I've seen without an iron sight with this style handguard.

Sportsman's Guide has it for $349 WITH BCG and charging handle, $319 member price which I might do.

Kentucky Gun Co has it for $279 without BCG and handle.

I have an 80 percent arms lower completely built now and am milling out a second Anderson lower right now, that would mate nicely with this if I build that one too.
    Be careful with the sight set... that gas block rail doesn't seem the same height as the flat top rail.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Be careful with the sight set... that gas block rail doesn't seem the same height as the flat top rail.
    You can get risers, right?
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Be sure MOE handguard fits.
    Read this. I don't have time to...
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...ks/124-263425/

The first AR I ever assembled many moons ago has a mid-length railed has block. It’s gone through multiple furniture changes over the years. Quad rails, standard moe, B5 ultra slim key mod, and the BCM PKMR all fit. Some are tighter then others to get on but they all make it without modification.

Mine did not require a riser for the front sight.

(Allegheny County)

Some gas blocks like that are lower than the upper rail.
    That one is clearly not the same height.

Page 1796 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 79612961696174617861792179317941795179617971798179918001806184618962296 ... LastLast