Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    Thanks. I needed something to fit my new 20" barreled AR Grendel. It's 40" overall with a big scope on it so that case is perfect. And also since its a new caliber for me, I realized I needed some bore brushes, jags, etc. so I threw them in too.
    They are nice cases for the money.
    For reference, this carbine is 34 1/4" as it sits. The case is the 42" size. More than needed, but not too big for it.

(Allegheny County)

Not sure what the reviews are on these, but a .308 for $600 isn't bad.

PSA

(Bucks County)

Better deal is their EPT 308 Lower for $179 and the 308 m-lok free float upper for $399 = $578 for free float 308 with SS barrel (no mag though I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not sure what the reviews are on these, but a .308 for $600 isn't bad.

PSA

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    Better deal is their EPT 308 Lower for $179 and the 308 m-lok free float upper for $399 = $578 for free float 308 with SS barrel (no mag though I think).

Now I'm even more sad that I'm broke! LOL!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    How are the Aero Pricision uppers?

There was one posted a few pages back.

(Bucks County)

They are nice cases for the money.
    Yes, I've been very happy with the range bags and cases I've gotten from Midway. Thanks again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

Not sure what you're referring to, but Aero Precision should be good to go.
    I have one of their stripped uppers and lowers - and a rail - all good quality.

Granite Ridge carries a lot of Aero products at good prices if you need a reference point for pricing.

(Bucks County)

Not sure what you're referring to, but Aero Precision should be good to go.
    I have one of their stripped uppers and lowers - and a rail - all good quality.

Granite Ridge carries a lot of Aero products at good prices if you need a reference point for pricing.
    Sorry, I meant barreled uppers. Maybe not this barrel specifically, but their quality overall.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ae...eid=acd5d03bbb

Sorry, I meant barreled uppers. Maybe not this barrel specifically, but their quality overall.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ae...eid=acd5d03bbb
    Aero Precision is top notch stuff. For a very long time they produced parts specifically lowers and uppers for many of the other big names out there.

(Bucks County)

I have been trying to investigate getting a 308 or something similar, but I'm no expert to rely on. I get the sense Aero Precision is possibly a step up from PSA, but it's very hard to definitively say so because PSA has different quality lines of offerings, some barrels better than others. Aero may actually make the barrels for PSA, who knows. I don't think PSA makes their stuff but actually subcontracts out the work to very capable builders who may in a way bid for contracts. Aero seems to have attained a level of respect for their price point in the forums, and I would say they probably have decent quality control and uniform output.

I would also say this, and I'm relatively confident of this, you need to look at each gun individually, particularly in AR10's, because there is no "milspec" AR10. There's DPMS style AR10's, and maybe they're the closest thing to a standard, or Armalite AR10's, but there is no milspec where any milspec component can be used with any other spec component regardless of vendor. If you buy PSA, best stay with PSA for upper and lower. Same for Aero. Best buy the bolt and carrier simultaneously with the upper to guarantee proper head spacing. And when I say review each gun individually, I mean see what the collective view is on each gun. Early PSA 308's had issues, and issues cost a LOT of money and aggravation. Not worth having an unreliable gun. It becomes a negative asset. The recent G2 PSA 308's seem pretty good for reliability and accuracy in their price point and a good $300-500 higher. If I get a 308 AR, I want it to be dead reliable and sub 1 MOA accurate and not too heavy. Aero and PSA probably fulfill that but each caliber in their lineup is a different design and therefore not uniform in reliability, etc. I use youtube reviews and written reviews to reach consensus.

A big plus for PSA is that it appears if any company will survive a downturn, it will be them. Many gun companies go out of business, and if their part scheme is proprietary, good luck getting parts down the way. It is also conceivable that, given enough market share in AR10's, that they drive what becomes standard. DPMS has pushed the ball somewhat that direction, and PSA has picked up the ball and pushed even further. They are extremely price/quality competitive. My PSA 300 Blackout pistol is solid as a rock. Couldn't ask for more. Upper cost $200 without bolt and charging handle. Much more than adequate for my purposes.
    Last edited by erichard; January 24th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

Page 1216 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 21671611161166120612121213121412151216121712181219122012261266131617162216 ... LastLast