Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Property confiscated in Subway (NYC)

Greetings all,
    Been a while since I've been here, but I moved to Brooklyn, NY and have just been a lurker for a while.

Had a situation you all would find outrageous and though I would share. Mods...feel free to move to correct forum.

Incident occurred at the Nostrand Avd terminal in Brooklyn, NY.
    Got off the subway last night and got about 2 meters from the turnstyles. Passed 4 cops on the way, and payed no mind. Felt a hand in my right pocket, and turned with a "WTF?" Cops hand was in my pocket!
    I put my hands up immediately and stated "I do not consent to any search of my person or property." They said ," we don't care." I said,"you don't care about my rights?" They said,"you have no rights, you're under arrest." I said...now getting louder so peopled could hear. "If I'm under arrest then read me my rights." Cuffs on and sat me down.

Without any verbal contact, the cop reached in my pocket and took my spyderco knife. The pocket clip was the only thing visible. They said,"it's illeagal to have a knife in the subway system." And kept stating that "it's a weapon." I gave them," it's not a weapon...it's a tool. our brains are the weapons." They didn't appreciate that.

Asked for ID and I told them I would verbal them all the info they need. Nope....reached right in my pocket and grabbed my DL (which happened to be with my PALTCF.) Again I went into, "i do not consent to and search of my person or property." "shut up."

2 of the 4 cops left to fill out the paperwork. I asked the one copper, cleary a rookie, (the other cops kept telling him to go away and be quite) ,"do you even know what amendment to the constitution illegal search and seizure is?" He stated,"yes...um....illegal search and seizure is the 5th."

I shook my head and the other cop did too and told him to walk away.

In the end, my knife was stolen by the cops and i was given a summons to report for court in 3mnths.

I was never patted down, my bookbag was not searched, they went into my pocket without my consent twice, I asked for names and badge numbers and was refused. I'm trying to follow up with the precinct, but I expect little results.

I still have a PA DL and the one copper said to tell the judge i just moved here and was unaware of the restrictions on knives in the subway. Thanks buddy, I'll do that. And I'll tell the judge how you royally screwed me and my rights along the way.

What a messed up place NYC is people. Next stop for me, someplace warm, a shall issue state, and open carry.

Be Easy and Stay Righteous.
    jc in the brklyn
    Do not shoot to kill...shoot to live.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Property confiscated in Subway (NYC)

NYC is their own country with their own set of laws. I wouldn't bank on a judge ruling in your favor.

(Delaware County)

It's run by Bloomburg. You think they give a shit about your rights?

You handled yourself better than I would. Then again, I won't set foot in NYC.

i read an article about a young kid who got stopped for the same thing...took him a while to get it straightened out..the clip on his knife was showing...you werent CCing the knife well enough

(Beaver County)

There are no individual rights in the PRNYC. Stop and frisk...nuff said.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Lycoming County)

If it is truly a violation of the law to possess a knife on the subway than I would say they did not need your consent to recover the knife from your person. Viewing the knife is probable cause. They do not need to "read your rights" to you to arrest you. That applies if they are asking you questions that may incriminate you. Heck, they did not have to ask you any questions, they had the proof they needed in your pocket.

This is how many people in NY want to live. They want to be "protected" by the .gov, freedom and liberty be damned.

Be safe (and come home).

Scott

(Butler County)

Here is a reason why NY is on the list of states I will never live in.

(Washington County)

I knew those pocket clips made it easier to access your knife.

I feel bad for you, but even people who DON"T live in NYC know about all their bullshit.

You should attach a knife pocket clip to a dildo and wait for them to take it from you, then jump back and yell "get away from me with that thing you fucking weirdo!".
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: Property confiscated in Subway (NYC)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I knew those pocket clips made it easier to access your knife.

I feel bad for you, but even people who DON"T live in NYC know about all their bullshit.

You should attach a knife pocket clip to a dildo and wait for them to take it from you, then jump back and yell "get away from me with that thing you fucking weirdo!".
    i spit coffe all over my table and it was so worth it.... that was great.

as far as the story goes... move out of nyc and never go back.. period. y ppl think its just so great there i dunno..

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Might give them the idea that you *want* to be restrained...
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast