Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Hey Lefties! Here’s An Example Of The Need For “Assault Rifles”

On April 30, the second day of the riots, Korean-Americans saw the police fall back from Koreatown, leaving them to defend themselves in the midst of heavy looting and fires. A store owner at the time, Jay Rhee, told the Los Angeles Times, “we have lost faith in the police.”
    Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/12/he...#ixzz2Gxy2ovv3

Default Re: Hey Lefties! Here’s An Example Of The Need For “Assault Rifles”

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Since the 'lefties" choose willful ignorance about guns rather than the alternative, they will likely argue that this guy could have defended himself with a baseball bat, because, you know, that's the morally surperior way to do it, and some dude did it once on tv.

My example of why I need an "assault weapon". I am in the Army Reserve. During the army's annual weapons qualification, we zero our M16s and fire 40 rounds from various positions. 40 rounds, that's all folks. We need an abysmal score of 24 to pass qualification.
    During the past 5 years, for various reasons ranging from budget constraints, to logistic issues, to hurricane sandy, we have qualified 3 out of those 5 years. That means, if I relied on my military training alone, I have fired a total of 120 rounds in 5 years. Imagine a quarterback throwing 120 passes during practice sessions in 5 years. Imagine a basketball player making 120 attempts at the hoop during practice in the last 5 years. They would suck, and would not be playing for their respective teams.
    In the case of a soldier in the military, this lack of practice could lead to his demise, or, even worse, the death of his fellow soldiers. The AR 15 is the closest thing to an M16 that I can get as a civilian. I can practice as much and as often as I want to with my personal weapon. I can achieve as high level of proficiency with the weapons platform as I will allow myself. When I get deployed, my marksmanship ability can save the lives of myself and others.
    Many other soldiers in my unit have the same philosophy and have thier own AR15s so they can practice on thier own time and own dime, and perhaps one day be the difference between life and death.
    Last edited by Keith A; January 3rd, 2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling