Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Scranton Times Article

Scranton Times Article Full of Incorrect Terms

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/lac...mits-1.1424416

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Scranton Times Article

Its not unusual from this paper. They did several articles after the OCB affair that were poorly done full of opinion and fact less fluff.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

I read the article earlier. Did anyone else send the writer an email enlightening him to the fact we dont have conceal carry permits, but instead LTCF?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruisepl View Post
    I read the article earlier. Did anyone else send the writer an email enlightening him to the fact we dont have conceal carry permits, but instead LTCF?
    I did but of course I got no response . . .

I think everyone should that way it wont happen again . . .

Rob

(Luzerne County)

I did years ago. Many of the posters here did as well
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lawrence County)

Who gives a shit? That has to be the most annoying trait of this board correcting someone when they call it a permit instead of a license or whatever. You get an infraction for correcting someones spelling and I don't see how this is any different. And please don't bother with "Your ltcf is much more than a ccw, it allows you to carry during a state of emergency and allows you to transport in a vehicle, blah blah blah". I've heard it all before. Do you think that other states that call it a cwp or ccp or whatever they choose need something separate if they step into a vehicle? Maybe they need a cwp and a twp (transport weapon permit).

(Allegheny County)

The Media is full of un trained and un license people, that are not held accountable for their words, misstatements and don’t feel the first amendment should be regulated like the second amendment.

They also don’t want to be confused with facts or figures, let alone be limited to the single page of set type press that was in use in 1775, as the press should be the only ones to have the modern advances of technology.

Contact them anyway, point out their mistakes, and include a comment you hope the other stuff they write is held to the higher standard, they advocate gun owners should be held to for their actions.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Who gives a shit? That has to be the most annoying trait of this board correcting someone when they call it a permit instead of a license or whatever. You get an infraction for correcting someones spelling and I don't see how this is any different. And please don't bother with "Your ltcf is much more than a ccw, it allows you to carry during a state of emergency and allows you to transport in a vehicle, blah blah blah". I've heard it all before. Do you think that other states that call it a cwp or ccp or whatever they choose need something separate if they step into a vehicle? Maybe they need a cwp and a twp (transport weapon permit).
    I can understand what you mean here, but I think this is an instance where the correct terminology really is important. Not only does it show whether you actually know what you're talking about or not, but as I'm sure you know when it comes to politicians and legislation the exact terminology is really important.

If someone tries to propose and implement a law to limit the size of 'clips', that could really confuse things since, as we all know here, there's a difference between a clip and a magazine. So if that law passes, are only 'clips' under scrutiny, or would it automatically include magazines too since that is the probable intent of the law? Or what about your average joe policeman who has to determine whether an individual has violated the law or not.

Hell, look at how much supposed controversy there is over the exact meaning of the 2nd amendment.

I'm just saying that in times like these, it never hurts to make sure that your wording is precise so it leaves little wiggle room for interpretations you don't mean.
    ~Daniel

(Cambria County)

Talking Re: Scranton Times Article

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    I can understand what you mean here, but I think this is an instance where the correct terminology really is important. Not only does it show whether you actually know what you're talking about or not, but as I'm sure you know when it comes to politicians and legislation the exact terminology is really important.

If someone tries to propose and implement a law to limit the size of 'clips', that could really confuse things since, as we all know here, there's a difference between a clip and a magazine. So if that law passes, are only 'clips' under scrutiny, or would it automatically include magazines too since that is the probable intent of the law? Or what about your average joe policeman who has to determine whether an individual has violated the law or not.

Hell, look at how much supposed controversy there is over the exact meaning of the 2nd amendment.

I'm just saying that in times like these, it never hurts to make sure that your wording is precise so it leaves little wiggle room for interpretations you don't mean.
    I would buy that argument if there was anything else to confuse "carry permit" with but there isn't. The only other thing that would even resemble that would be a sportsmans permit used for hunting and that's a whole different ballgame. When you say "carry permit" or something similar everyone knows what you are referring to. Hell, Philly has a "gun permit unit". I know, bad example with the goofballs from Philly but still I don't see anyone on the board asking where to go in Philly to get their ltcf because all they could find was the gun permit unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast