Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Princes of Paletown Return

It was great catching up with you guys today. I had a blast, figuratively and literally, on the trap field.
    I look forward to doing it again.
    Jim, I hope you heal up quickly and we can see you out there next time buddy.
    Joe, see ya soon I hope.
    Last edited by Chip W; January 13th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Default Re: Paletown Rod and Gun Club members - 2013

Hey Guys,

I don't know if any of you guys remember me or not. I joined Paletown in 2009 or 2010 for one year but during the course of that year permanently relocated to Lancaster County and let my membership lapse. I shot trap with a couple guys once or twice but I cannot remember who it was at this point. Chris was very helpful in getting me in joined the first time and I thank him for that.

Anyway, I moved back to the Lansdale area permanently and I'm looking to rejoin Paletown so I'm going to be coming up to the meeting tomorrow night. I can't remember if I will need a sponsor on my application or not, if so, if one of you guys will be there I would appreciate it.

I realize it's not the best but you can't beat it compared to Target World, Clayton's and other Rod and Gun club's prices.

Thanks guys,
    Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

So I went this evening with a buddy of mine hoping I would run into someone I recognized, but I wasn't so lucky.

I talked to the gentleman who was in charge, got an application, explained I was a member a couple years ago and had let me membership lapse because I had moved away. I mentioning that crlovel had helped me join before, and that I had done some trap shooting with other members when I was a member before. At that point he put our applications away and said "I don't know if we're going to be able to let everyone in."

So I messaged crlovel about my unintentionally making him my sponsor for joining, which I said he could deny because I didn't ask him. That's on me, I should have gotten in touch with some people earlier.

Anyway, if any of you fine gentleman would be willing to also put your names towards joining, like I said I can't remember who I shot with before, I would appreciate it. That is, if they can let all these new members join...

~ Derek
    Last edited by Derek; January 17th, 2013 at 09:29 PM.

(Bucks County)

Don't feel bad, I was there when BobfromBucks was there trying to join and he got the same schpeel.

(Bucks County)

Hey Derek, I had shot trap with you before when we were new members. You can use my name on your application if needed. I will PM you.

(Bucks County)

I just lost two hours of my life that I will never get back sitting through the meeting only to be told that they weren't accepting any new members as they were "already over their cap". The worst part was that I asked the asshole membership committee jackass (Charlie) before the meeting started if they were accepting any new members and he wouldn't give me a straight answer.

I can understand not accepting new members, but why not just tell me before the meeting starts so I can leave and get on with my life?

I did meet a couple guys there who seemed nice enough, but I won't bother with trying to join again. I don't think I would ever be comfortable around the pricks on the board, who clearly have no respect for anybody.

Regards,

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCountyBob View Post
    I can understand not accepting new members, but why not just tell me before the meeting starts so I can leave and get on with my life?
    That would have been nice to know before I bothered filling out the application. I guess it's a non-issue then for me.

~ Derek

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    That would have been nice to know before I bothered filling out the application. I guess it's a non-issue then for me.

~ Derek
    I'm not sure that's the case. They did say they would review some applications in a couple months, "if somebody drops out". My impression is that might happen if somebody dies.

To be honest, I lost my enthusiasm for the whole endeavor when the guy behind me (who offered to sponsor me) told us that they don't allow any AK/AR rifles because they couldn't stand the "pop, pop, pop" of them. Since the only reason I wanted to join was to shoot rifle (I already have a place I can shoot pistol) and the only rifle I have is an AR, it didn't sound like I was going to get much out of it anyway.

Regards,

BCB

(Bucks County)

Sorry Bob, but I did warn you and try to steer you to Ridge and Valley. I don't use Paletown for much. It's 3 miles from my door to the range. When I reload some test rounds I run down there to try them out, then I'm out. Once in awhile, some members that I am friendly with do some trap shooting in the back. Other than that, I exclusively go to Ridge and Valley.
    By the way, how excruciatingly painful was that to sit through the meeting? I've never actually made it through all the way.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    They allow ARs and AKs, fuck whoever said that. I take mine there all the time, and I strongly doubt they ever would or could ban them.

The only way I would ever recommeend anyone go to one of their meetings would be if they were suffering from insomnia, or had a hardcore fetish for elderly male nursing home residents and wanted to try and catch a glimpse of Death wandering the aisles.

Derek, I have no problem with you, or anyone else I know, name-dropping me. Just don't try and make me suffer through a meeting when you can't be bothered to show up. In the meantime, I recommend you and Bob both to also join us over at Ridge and Valley.
    I will likely go to the next R&V meeting. How much farther up the road is it? One of the appeals of P-Town R&G was that it only takes me about 15 minutes to drive up there from Plumsteadville (not that it matters, not going there again). I know you guys were pretty adamant in your warnings not to go, but I've suffered through many a meeting full of geriatric control freaks (I was a member of the Lions International for a few years before I finally got sick of being the only guy in the room with a pulse), so I figured I could deal with it...wasn't joining to make new friends.

Those guys really took it to a whole new level...it was like they intentionally set out to waste my time, and I was pretty angry when I left at the end of the two hour meeting.

Regards,

BCB

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast