Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Where is your line in the sand?

Seriously - where is it? How much of this are we (you) willing to take before you personally say - ENOUGH.

Is anyone else sick of trying to have rational, reasonable arguments with people over your right to defend yourself? I am. It seems as though peoples minds are made up, and I'm tired of this endless waltz. I've drawn the line in the sand - and this pending AWB is it.

Are we not yet ready to say - this is enough - I will not be disarmed? I will not register? I will not comply? I would sooner become a felon than turn in my guns? Is anyone else out there ready to be defiant in the face of a clearly tyrannical Government?

Yes, joining the NRA and writing your congressman are things that SHOULD be done - but at some point - we need to find our backbones here. I'm elated to see the Oathkeepers already saying it - "no, we will not follow a disarmament order. No, we will not obey, and we will go after anyone that tries to." They clearly have their heads on straight. Do the rest of us?

What lengths are you prepared, ready, and willing to go? Where is your line in the sand? I cannot be the only one pissed off enough to be at this point.

Here's my line ___________________ <-- Don't cross it.

EDIT #1: Seriously, enough with these WhiteHouse.gov petitions. How.... stupid.. must you be to actually think these are even worth the time to read them? Its clear that they don't solve anything, and are mostly ignored. Not to mention the cognitive dissonance of wanting less Government involvement/intrusion in our lives and one of our first acts is to go STRAIGHT TO GOVERNMENT and ask them "please, can we keep our rights? pretty please?" Enough.
    Last edited by FireGS; January 2nd, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Where is your line in the sand?

Here's my line ___________________.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS View Post
    Seriously - where is it?

Is anyone else sick of trying to have rational, reasonable arguments with people over your right to defend yourself? I am. It seems as though peoples minds are made up, and I'm tired of this endless waltz. I've drawn the line in the sand - and this pending AWB is it.

Are we not yet ready to say - this is enough - I will not be disarmed? I will not register? I will not comply? I would sooner become a felon than turn in my guns? Is anyone else out there ready to be defiant in the face of a clearly tyrannical Government?

Yes, joining the NRA and writing your congressman are things that SHOULD be done - but at some point - we need to find our backbones here. I'm elated to see the Oathkeepers already saying it - "no, we will not follow a disarmament order. No, we will not obey, and we will come after anyone that tries to." They clearly have their heads on straight. Do the rest of us?

What lengths are you prepared, ready, and willing to go? Where is your line in the sand? I cannot be the only one pissed off enough to be at this point.
    While I'm sure that we all have our own "lines in the sand" in mind, I'm not certain that posting a potential defiance of any law, irrational or not, is a good idea. If this is a course you plan on pursuing, that's your prerogative. But I can't see posting any planned defiance of any law being a good idea. Just my $.02

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    While I'm sure that we all have our own "lines in the sand" in mind, I'm not certain that posting a potential defiance of any law, irrational or not, is a good idea. If this is a course you plan on pursuing, that's your prerogative. But I can't see posting any planned defiance of any law being a good idea. Just my $.02
    It's not a law until its signed and legitimately codified into law - and until that happens, I plan to say and act how I please. This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about.

EDIT: Then again, in 1776, 1/3 of the US population didn't think it was a good idea, either.
    Last edited by FireGS; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

One never really knows where a person's "Line in the sand" is, regardless of previous statements otherwise. An individual can speculate, postulate and pronounce their intentions concerning a "What if?" for all the world to hear; but until the moment of truth arrives no one is really certain. There are to many variables to a situation that weigh upon the actions needed. That being said, it's always a good idea to at least ponder the question beforehand.

(Adams County)

i have my line. they will find out when they cross it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Flyingjunkie said it well. We all have a line but publishing it is more detail than others need to know.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Flyingjunkie said it well. We all have a line but publishing it is more detail than others need to know.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob308 View Post
    i have my line. they will find out when they cross it.
    This ^^^ is my stance....not willing to go into details and not nearing that point anytime soon id imagine

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    This ^^^ is my stance....not willing to go into details and not nearing that point anytime soon id imagine
    So the idea of a National Registration with no ability to transfer grandfathered weapons is not that line? Just trying to be accurate.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast