Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Added the new shops and ratings. Thanks !

(Allegheny County)

i have gone to these guys for awile. real nice layed back place. transfers for me are $20 .when 1st went there transfers where $25.

http://www.theshootersbench.com

THE SHOOTERS BENCH
    1019 Little Deer Creek Rd.
    Russelleton, PA. 15076
    724-265-9991
    Last edited by GunsRfun; March 30th, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Nice List - thanks!

I would give 5 to Powells, ACE, A&S.....
    4 to Sportsmen Warehouse...

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Allegheny County)

I bought 5 guns from this shop. Not a large selection but they'll give you a quote and order one if you want. I also had them do a purchase transfer from Buds Gunshop online.

I like to support small business as long as I don't feel like I'm getting screwed.

http://www.theshootersbench.com/

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

(Allegheny County)

There's a shop in Irwin that has a wide selection.
    Bouldin Sporting Equipment
    421 Main Street
    Irwin PA 15642
    724-864-7560

(Allegheny County)

I'd give island firearms a 5. they dont have a big selection or store, but they can order anything, and have good prices... I got my shotgun there, and had no problems and good people behind the counter, not to mention a friendly dog when you go inside... id give big bucks a 2, prices are high, takes a while to get service, even when they are empty, but they get a 2 instead of 1 because they have a nice looking store with a small selection, which is bigger than the island firearms shop, but considering the price difference, i don't mind driving a few more miles to goto a cheaper, more personable gun store.
    "I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere." -Thomas Jefferson.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

I'd give Braverman's a 5. They have a great bunch of guys behind the counter, always friendly and helpful. Prices are ususlly more than fair. Good inventory of reloading supplies, Holsters, etc.

(Westmoreland County)

I would rate both Bravermans and A&S as 5 star. Both stores have knowledgable and courteous staff with a good attitude.
    Captain

(Allegheny County)

I see a few people have given Anthony Arms 5's and I'm not sure why. I don't mean to be disrespectful, as you may have gotten lucky and spoken with a salesman I've never met or picked up a gun on a steal but I've always had bad luck there. First and foremost, their prices are very high. The other issue I have with that store is that most of the guys working there seem like they are way more interested in showing you how much they know about guns than helping you. I don't claim to know everything about guns. Hell, I don't even claim to know alot but I do my homework before I go shopping, so I generally know when these guys are blowing smoke. I usually have to leave because I can't see through all the smoke they've blown. My impressions is that they see themselves as some "elite" gun shop because they've got a bunch of fancy toys 95% of us can't afford and, somehow, that entitles them to be gun snobs that look down on anyone that doesn't carry a Kimber or something of equal status. Anyway, I digress. I do, on the other hand, have to agree with those rating Braverman Arms very highly. I went in there one day and flat out told the guy I wasn't buying a gun that day. He stood there with me for an hour explaining a bunch of different things and even showed me how to field strip a 1911 because I had never done it before and that was the model I was considering. It ended up that I bought my 1911 from another dealer, but that was only because it was literally almost half the price asked by all other shops. With the exception of once in a lifetime deals like that, Braverman is usually my first stop!

(Allegheny County)

I agree about anthony's, they are rude and annoying and you have to wave your arms and scream to get service. I've had the owner check my out because he saw i was gonna dump my stuff and leave. the gunsmith there is an idiot, he argues with you when you want to get something done and even loudly tried to tell me that converting a saiga shotgun was illegal. I've also had them lie to me on occasion when they didn't know i knew the truth. If you call on the phone to see if they have something they will often tell you that they have it even if they don't. they then bait and switch you to try to make a sale on something else.

Jack at gunrunner in cannonsburg is a 5 star, he is friendly and helpful and will do whatever he can to help you. I do lots of transfers there.

Bravermans is a shop i have been going into for 20 years and will still go back to any time.

John Browns is great as well [5 star] he even opened up the store for me when i went down there on a day he was closed. He was very nice to a dummy.

Ace has lots of stuff, but there are several countermen there that i won't deal with.
    Last edited by mpi; April 8th, 2008 at 08:48 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast