Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by jwramp View Post
    Sigh. I get an email notification for a thread subscription from years ago and think why not contribute some helpful information. Shame on me for coming back to this cesspool. The sole reason I cancelled my supporter subscription here a few years back.
    Yes, shame on me. It would have been best for others not to have some insight into...

Nevermind. I'm sorry you seem to have taken it personally.

(Allegheny County)

New indoor range/retail store:

Midwest Shooting Center (McCandless Shopping Center)
    900 Providence Blvd.
    Suite 100 (Upper level)
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237

https://midwestshootingcenter.com/north-pittsburgh/

Full disclosure: I work here. Got tired of doing IT, decided to try something different for fun. So far a good team, approachable and trying to change the image of your typical gun store. Very new shooter friendly with classes and training available. Rapidly expanding company with several other locations opening (South Hills is coming, as well as Indianapolis, Cleveland and Dayton (Memberships work across all stores). Current locations in Lima, Ft. Wayne, Sylvania and North Pittsburgh.

Hope some PAFOA's stop by and let us know what you think of the store/range!

map.jpg

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    New indoor range/retail store:

Midwest Shooting Center (McCandless Shopping Center)
    900 Providence Blvd.
    Suite 100 (Upper level)
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237

https://midwestshootingcenter.com/north-pittsburgh/

Full disclosure: I work here. Got tired of doing IT, decided to try something different for fun. So far a good team, approachable and trying to change the image of your typical gun store. Very new shooter friendly with classes and training available. Rapidly expanding company with several other locations opening (South Hills is coming, as well as Indianapolis, Cleveland and Dayton (Memberships work across all stores). Current locations in Lima, Ft. Wayne, Sylvania and North Pittsburgh.

Hope some PAFOA's stop by and let us know what you think of the store/range!

map.jpg
    When did this open? I'll have to drive out and see it soon

(Allegheny County)

Black Friday 2021. Building was previously Inpax but that business shut down and is not related to us. We redid all the carrier systems with nice new electronic ones and a full refurb of the interior. I hear from former Inpax customers that the previous target carriers were HAND CRANKED...wow, I didn't even realize that was a thing, I mean I've seen manual buttons to move back forth (motorized) but never manual CRANKS... Hope to see you soon!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    I hear from former Inpax customers that the previous target carriers were HAND CRANKED...
    I wasn't a member at INPAX, but shot there on a couple of occasions with a friend. The bays (2 out of the three) that we shot in were definitely not hand cranked.

In fact, the range system that they had was pretty good - I have been around indoor ranges for 35+ years, having taught classes and run different shooting leagues in indoor ranges in several different states. I was also a firearms instructor at my p.d. and we had our own indoor range. So based on my experiences with indoor ranges INPAX did have a good system.

I was actually surprised that the system was changed out - but then I realized that Midway has several other ranges and I figured that it is just for conformity with all of the pre-existing Midway ranges.

Like I posted in the other thread - my wife and I went to check out the Midway range back in December, looked good; but not enough incentive or differences to make us change our membership over from Keystone.

Hoping for the best for the range, hopefully one does open up in the southern side of Pittsburgh.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Hoping for the best for the range, hopefully one does open up in the southern side of Pittsburgh.
    We're currently scouting building sites/locations, nothing solidified yet but will try to follow-up with info when I hear more.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617