Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Latrobe Army Navy is overpriced IMO. They wanted $575 for new Glock 17 a few years back.

Lock Stock N Barrel on Rt 119 is basically in the basement of a guy's house. He is friendly however. Not much of a selection, but there might be some deals in there.

Ace Sporting Goods I give an OUTSTANDING 5 as I purchased a used gun there (broke my own rule) and the owner cheerfully took it back with a 100% credit towards any other merchandise I wanted so I bought a new gun. They have a good inventory and are helpful. They’re also supporters of FOAC which I appreciate.

Big Buck Sport Shop I give a 1. I sold some guns through him and they virtually gave them away and defiantly gave away hundreds of dollars worth of extras that went with the guns. A friend also had a very bad experience with them piecewise. Defiantly one of the last places I would go to buy anything.

Braverman Arms Co. I give a 4 for the same reason someone else wasn’t happy with them. I’d call it; “Been in business so long they don’t think they have to be pleasant to customers”. And don’t need your handgun repaired during hunting season; you’ll be waiting till the season is over before they even look at it.

Gander Mountain I give a 4. They have a decent selection decent prices but it just doesn’t give you that gun shop feel. One advantage they have though is their size means you can often find harder to find guns there. When Marlin was out of 1894’s Gander had 22 of them.

High Tech Handguns I give a -10, yep that’s a minus 10. I bought two guns there, the first he tried to charge me substantially more than MSRP, sadly I still got burned. Then he made me a custom target gun which I ordered in black with rosewood grips. He said he would surprise me so 4 months later I was shown a Milspec 1911 painted blue with plastic smooth fake pearl grips and a compensator. The adjustable sights I ordered for it never got mounted on it; it had fixed sights. Jeff laughed at me for shooting reloads (remember now this is a target gun) so the compensator played havoc (God only knows what he was thinking). He charged me $1200.00 for that paintjob and after talking to the gunsmith (which incidentally is a fantastic gunsmith) he was never told he was building a target gun and forced Jeff to refund my money. Bottom line he hasn’t a clue what a target gun is, as long as he’s been in the business. He belongs to Allegheny Country Rifle Club and out of 1600 plus members you can probably count the ones that will buy anything from him on one hand he has such a bad reputation at the club. He’s the butt of many jokes at the bar. Jeff no doubt caters to women’s guns, as his site says, because he finds women the easiest to take advantage of. I find it impossible to believe Jeff has a conscience with how he overcharges.

Sportsman’s Supply I give an OUTSTANDING 5 to also. I ordered a Marlin .45 LC 1984 from them and after waiting several months I talked to the owner inquiring about when I might expect it and his honesty was overwhelming. He said if he gave me a date he would be lying to me so I asked if there was another 1894 I could order and he said NO, none as good as the Marlin so he said if I could find one somewhere else get it and he’d gladly refund my money on the ordered one but he wanted me to get the Marlin so I had the best gun for the money. It’s hard to find integrity like that nowadays.

William Powell Guns I give a 5. Bill’s a great guy and has a good selection, is honest and has great prices. Yea it would be nice if he was open more hours but it’s worth the wait.

(Allegheny County)

Guns Priced Right

www.gunspricedright.com

Small startup shop for new, used and consignments... They will work with you to find the best price available for most any gun you want. Give them a call or stop in if you are in the Dravosburg/West Mifflin area.
    Last edited by GunsPricedRight; July 21st, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Here are 2 of my favorites...both highly recommended!

Bee's Guns

961 County Rd.
    Saltsburg, PA 15681
    724-639-9707

Latrobe Army Navy Store and Indoor Pistol Range
    800 Ligonier Street
    Latrobe, Pennsylvania 15650
    724-537-3861
    I second your opinion on Bee's. Never had a problem there. Steve, Jesse, and Kenny are stand up guys.

I also give thumbs up to The Shooter's Bench. Ed and the guys know me as a regular there.

Another shop I don't think a lot of people know is in New Kensington.

Jolar Armory
    5th Ave and 9th Street
    New Kensington PA

John is a stand up guy I have purchased a Glock, Winchester, Marlin 17, now 2 357 mags there, and a Baikal O/U shotgun. If you're looking check there less sales tax and he will usually deal less than sticker with you.
    I want a French Lebel Never shot only dropped once.

Unhappy Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by hydrashock412; December 3rd, 2011 at 05:22 AM.

(Allegheny County)

This shop recently moved to new location below. Ask for Greg, the manager, he's always willing to go the extra mile to make help you find what you want or answer questions.

Guns Priced Right
    100 Bettis Road, Suite 1
    Dravosburg, Pa 15034

412-466-5199
    412-466-5177 Fax

www.gunspricedright.com
    greg@gunspricedright.com

(Allegheny County)

I am back up and running and back in North Versailles. Glad to help with any transfers. $20/Per Firearm & every 6th one free. Have a good one.............................Todd

GUNRUNNERS OF PA LLC
    308 CLAVALE ST
    NORTH VERSAILLES, PA 15137
    Phn: 412 - 66 - GROPA (47672)
    WWW.GUNRUNNERSOFPA.COM
    todd@gunrunnersofpa.com
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Westmoreland County)

Bouldin's in Irwin is fantastic little family owned place with helpful people working. I've been there three times now. The first time I walked in, they had the Glock 19 I was looking for, 526 dollars. That was almost the exact same price Buds had it for at the time (Well, TBH, Bud's had it for 499 with the 10 rd mags, and 525 for the 15 rd mags, but I didn't want the 10). The only place that quoted me a lower price was Army Navy in Latrobe, but he had none in stock (quoted 519 when it was in stock).

Second time I stopped in and spent 20 minutes checking out CC revolvers with my wife. Again, very friendly, no pressure. Told him straight up I wasn't buying today, he said no prob, still helpful.

Third time I stopped in to buy, didn't have what I wanted... took my info and said when it came in he'd call, quoted me 420 on a piece that was 425 at Bud's, and 499 at Gander. Also bought some ammo, a box of 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ 115g was 12.99, only a dollar more than a box 50 federal 115g FMJ loads. Def. worth it not to have to deal with Walmart, last time I bought ammo from Walmart it took 30 minutes by the time someone waited on me and found the key).

When I told him he was competing with Wal-Mart on ammo prices he said he didn't pay attention to that, he was just offering the best prices he could. Solid place!

Also paid a visit out to Ace last week. Dude was really helpful, again told him I wasn't buying that day, he still helped us for 40 minutes, was really friendly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ifman View Post
    Bouldin's in Irwin is fantastic little family owned place with helpful people working. I've been there three times now. The first time I walked in, they had the Glock 19 I was looking for, 526 dollars. That was almost the exact same price Buds had it for at the time (Well, TBH, Bud's had it for 499 with the 10 rd mags, and 525 for the 15 rd mags, but I didn't want the 10). The only place that quoted me a lower price was Army Navy in Latrobe, but he had none in stock (quoted 519 when it was in stock).

Second time I stopped in and spent 20 minutes checking out CC revolvers with my wife. Again, very friendly, no pressure. Told him straight up I wasn't buying today, he said no prob, still helpful.

Third time I stopped in to buy, didn't have what I wanted... took my info and said when it came in he'd call, quoted me 420 on a piece that was 425 at Bud's, and 499 at Gander. Also bought some ammo, a box of 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ 115g was 12.99, only a dollar more than a box 50 federal 115g FMJ loads. Def. worth it not to have to deal with Walmart, last time I bought ammo from Walmart it took 30 minutes by the time someone waited on me and found the key).

When I told him he was competing with Wal-Mart on ammo prices he said he didn't pay attention to that, he was just offering the best prices he could. Solid place!

Also paid a visit out to Ace last week. Dude was really helpful, again told him I wasn't buying that day, he still helped us for 40 minutes, was really friendly.
    Glad i could help ya. i remember talkin to yinz about the Ruger LCR and S&W 642.

my name's Chris have a good one.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Anthony Arms what a joke Tula 7.62x59 ammo $400 per case, I told the manager that I could buy the same 1000 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 for $269 at Aces and Sportsman's Supply his response," go a head it is what it is." I will not go there again. I purchased about 30 guns from them over the years boy has it gone down hill, their prices have got way high, they have 20 year olds and women selling guns they don't have a clue about. It is kind of funny the people at the counter told me the new guy running the place had nothing to do with guns before this job it shows.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast