Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ever drawn your weapon?

Just wondering how close you ever got to drawing your weapon, maybe how close you got to firing your weapon, maybe you did fire it...

I think it would be interesting to have a thread to hear and read all the stories!

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Ever drawn your weapon?

I'm only 23 years old, but I've been carrying for 2 years now. Never had to draw my weapon, and hope I never have to.

There have been a few times where I went into high alert, and mentally prepared my self if I did have to draw. Most recently at Turkey Hill in Old Forge around 2am; three of the shadiest looking characters I have ever seen walked in and were acting very suspicious. One went right to the counter and the other two split up to opposite parts of the store. I quickly went to the most strategically sound place in the store and waited for them to leave. I had no idea what these guys were up to, but I figured they were up to no good.

(Beaver County)

I had a time very recently that I drew mine, but until a little time passes, I'm not willing to post details. Just know that regardless of necessity, drawing your weapon is something that will haunt you. If you really are a person of sound mind and judgement and of good moral character, then like me, you will Monday morning quarterback yourself for a while...I didn't fire, but I keep looking back thinking if there were things I could have done differently. I've talked to a few rather prominent members on here and they've said that they would have reacted the exact same way that I did and that I handled everything perfectly, but I still look back wondering if things could have gone different...

Like I said, I will post more details at a later time, and you can see them on my OC thread when I feel comfortable enough to do so, but as of right now, I'm just not ready...

(Erie County)

Had the weapon in my hand, when one of our famed crackheads tried to open my driver door at the local gas station. Closest I ever came to taking aim at anything other than a groundhog or deer.

Back in the early '80s, a friend and I were driving back to Ft. Knox from Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis in the middle of the night. A guy tried to run us off the road in a probable carjacking attempt. He got to see a loaded HK93A3 up close and personal. I imagine he wrecked his engine running away...
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    I had a time very recently that I drew mine, but until a little time passes, I'm not willing to post details. Just know that regardless of necessity, drawing your weapon is something that will haunt you. If you really are a person of sound mind and judgement and of good moral character, then like me, you will Monday morning quarterback yourself for a while...I didn't fire, but I keep looking back thinking if there were things I could have done differently. I've talked to a few rather prominent members on here and they've said that they would have reacted the exact same way that I did and that I handled everything perfectly, but I still look back wondering if things could have gone different...

Like I said, I will post more details at a later time, and you can see them on my OC thread when I feel comfortable enough to do so, but as of right now, I'm just not ready...
    If you're ABLE to analyze what you did after the fact, you managed to achieve the central purpose of ANY armed confrontation.

You survived.

Everything else is details.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(York County)

I just recently had to. Flyingjunkie is correct. I have dreams about it and have not stopped replaying and thinking about it since it happened. It has been haunting , yet at the same time I am glad I had it when I needed it.

(Allegheny County)

Only once. Intruder in the basement, skulking around the storage room. Suddenly pushed over a pile of boxes and made a break for freedom. Scared the shit out of me. I retreated to cover, drew down, and hollered, "Who's there?" All he said was meow.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Back in the early '80s, a friend and I were driving back to Ft. Knox from Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis in the middle of the night. A guy tried to run us off the road in a probable carjacking attempt. He got to see a loaded HK93A3 up close and personal. I imagine he wrecked his engine running away...
    This is similar to what happened to me... My guy got to see the business end of a Kimber 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If you're ABLE to analyze what you did after the fact, you managed to achieve the central purpose of ANY armed confrontation.

You survived.

Everything else is details.
    I agree with you completely. It's situations like mine that made me happy I carry. I don't regret my decision to draw, but it is easy to Monday Morning quarterback yourself.

(Cumberland County)

You'll always be able to monday morning quarterback even if you executive everything properly. Its reviewing those experiences which will make you even better at handling the next potential conflict you face. This is why mental scenarios and going through what kinds of possibilities you could face and practicing your basic fundamentals to build muscle memory is so crucial.
    The best case scenarios are when you don't need to pull the trigger and conflict can be averted where both sides get to go home at the end of the day.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast