Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 1100 start

I'm a new member to the board, and pretty new to all the threats against our rights. I've been shooting for a few years now though and I don't want anything to change that.

I'm turning 23 on the the 23rd and that would be a sweet way to celebrate my B-Day. I'm also right down the road from Harrisburg luckily.

So count me in. Id be glad to help in any way so please let me know what I can do!

(Delaware County)

One other note, and with all due respect...

No long arms at this event ..EDIT 1/02/13...this stipulation removed!!

OC/CC OK.
    Last edited by donstrom; January 2nd, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    (Member NRA & GOA)

(Lancaster County)

Local media will eat this up. Make sure to send press releases, emails and phone calls to all local media outlets. Radio and paper. Especially TV if firearms will be present. (WGAL, FOX43, CBS21, ABC27 etc..)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by blade0414 View Post
    Local media will eat this up. Make sure to send press releases, emails and phone calls to all local media outlets. Radio and paper. Especially TV if firearms will be present. (WGAL, FOX43, CBS21, ABC27 etc..)
    Yep. Better have ducks in a row and let them know up front what we are doing so they don't take some anti's claim of an "invasion is coming" seriously
    I Dial 1911

(Delaware County)

We need to have a professional appearance – remember, we can be 98% perfect, but the anti-gun media will broadcast the 2% failures… I would suggest the following to help ensure our success:

1. No combat wear (BDU, ACU, LBVs, combat boots, etc.). We’re not a bunch of “Hill Billy” militiamen, and can’t allow ourselves to be perceived as such. Protestors should wear clothes that seem main stream (suits, slacks or nice jeans, collared shirts, sports coats, etc.). Be clean cut or have a well groomed beard (don’t have the scruff in between). The key is, wear what you would wear if you were trying to make a good impression.

2. Paragraph 1 notwithstanding, Veteran, or NRA wear, would be appropriate (hats, pins, other discreet accessories.).

3. Wear a pistol and holster (preferably leather) that fits your body type. If you’re 97 pounds soaking wet, don’t wear an N frame S&W that’s bigger than you and is pulling your pants down – it looks foolish. The weapon should look like a natural accessory, not something you threw on to make a point. And nothing against Uncle Mikes, however, a leather holster (if available) simply has a more professional appearance (maybe just my personal prejudice). Either way, wear a holster – don’t “Magnum P.I.” the pistol in your waist band..

4. Have official talking points and use them.. Know your limitations. If you’re able to argue coherently, go for it; however, if you know you’re not quick on your feet, stick to the talking points. The left wing media will use (and amplify) any minor slip up to make the protestors look stupid (or worse, dangerous).

5. If you choose to have rifles (tactical or otherwise), wear them slung – don’t use any single-point slings or anything else that has them in front. Slung is a political statement, low-port (in front) is a threat – even if not intended as such, the anti-gun media or politicians will portray it as such.

6. Video tape everything (goes without saying). Enough said.

7. Let’s have legislators as speakers (Daryl Metcalf, Now Congressman Perry, etc.). It will guarantee media coverage and make the protest appear more significant and legitimate.

Perception is reality..If you present a “thug” appearance, you will be perceived as such and your message will be dismissed. The intent must be that, at the end of the day, the protestors are perceived as main-stream Americans and, by association, the RKBA is a civil right that must be preserved.

A protest can either further your cause or destroy it – so again, perception is reality..

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfords90 View Post
    I'm a new member to the board, and pretty new to all the threats against our rights. I've been shooting for a few years now though and I don't want anything to change that.

I'm turning 23 on the the 23rd and that would be a sweet way to celebrate my B-Day. I'm also right down the road from Harrisburg luckily.

So count me in. Id be glad to help in any way so please let me know what I can do!
    Welcome to PAFOA and thanks for getting involved!

Please take a look at some of the things mentioned in the above posts. We need slogans, signs, handouts, flyers, some good verbiage to convey our position, and anything else you can thing of.

Since you are local in Hbg, maybe we can tap you to help with logistics as far as where we can eat afterwards (meet with mgr, have a room set aside, etc), or whatever?

Tell us what you can offer. Pick some items we've mentioned, or suggest a couple

We may need a local to handle/pickup demonstration permits or something, I don't know how that works. Hopefully some of the experienced folks will offer some guidance in this area.
    I Dial 1911

(Westmoreland County)

Excellent points, PhillyVet!

Yes, we need videographers! Volunteers?

Also- if you do not have LTCF, either get it, or come anyways but not armed. Too much risk with the State of Emergency that may or may not still be in effect to Open Carry (OC).

2A Applies to EVERYONE, whether you carry regularly, have LTCF, or not.

This is a Fundamental Support of 2A, not for the expansion of it- re: OC.

I agree with the OC movement, but we gotta pick our primary goals.

NUMBERS COUNT! WE NEED PEOPLE!
    I Dial 1911

(Westmoreland County)

Idea: Any way we can have one or more of our esteemed Legal Eagles come and watch over us, just in case of a conflict?

On the spot, knowledgeable direction could be helpful.

Volunteers?
    I Dial 1911

(York County)

If i take the day off i will come. The only banner I have is the Gadsden flag.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 - Note to the Elders

Quote Originally Posted by donstrom View Post
    It is important, for me at least, that the Elders of this community; specifically Kim, ungawa, PennsyPlinker, renegadephoeinix and the rest, to know that this counter-demonstration to CeaseFire's event in NO WAY is meant to undermine those efforts that you all have so selflessly put in before. In fact, I intend to make the Rally in April. You all have my thanks for the work that you have done, and continue doing, in the political arena.

This thread is the direct result of the very real threat to our freedoms that is happening now, the threats that you warned us about earlier. They are here now, and those of us in this thread feel the need to act NOW. Ceasefire has thrown down the gauntlet and we must respond. We may have come on board too late to see or heed your warnings, but we all see now that the tsunami is on the horizon; we must be represented as the voice of reason and sanity while CeaseFire attempts to corral the sheeple.

We, who are new to the fold, are not any less adamant in our convictions as you are; we need your help in this show of the flag. Please do not let this issue divide us, rather help us in this essential display of unity.

Regards - Don
    I also want to echo this. I will try to make the other rally but with CeaseFire planning a demonstration, with the magazine ban bill coming and the new thread of an AWB I feel that we need to be out there at every possible event that they will be at. I in no way meant to undermine or take over any sort of effort that anyone else has put forward but I feel the true need to act.

I will see how soon I can get some flyers going, please PM me info that you want on it and I will design some and get to kinkos and get them printed.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast