Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sayin' hello

(Perry County)

Default Sayin' hello

Not too many from Perry county on the board yet. I figured I'd start the threads off.

Anybody got any ranges in Perry county ????

(Perry County)

Default Re: Sayin' hello

Hi AJH. I'm a fellow Perry Countian and new member to the board.

Near Liverpool there are two ranges- the Susquehanna Valley Sportsman Club on Perry Valley Road approx. a mile outside of town; and the other is the Oriental Sportsman's Club on Klinger Hollow Road in Juniata County (approx. 7 miles driving).

The Susq. Valley range is a nice small facility with an open 25 yard and open 100 yard bench. It is really only designed for one or two shooters at a time as the 25 yard bench is to the front left of the 100 yard one. I've seldom found the range to be occupied when there- and the few times other shooters have been there they have always been friendly and receptive to letting me bust a couple caps on some fresh handloads. Unfortunately the range no longer allows the use of semi-auto rifles (AR-15's, AKM's, CETME, etc.....) as some disrespectful shooters have destroyed several of the target frames by intentionally aiming at them.

I still visit the range primarily to sight in for hunting seasons or to test handloads for rifle accuracy. Otherwise the majority of my shooting (.22 plinking, clays, and the "evil" semi autos) is now done on family property- 200+ acres of farmland on the Juniata/Snyder border near town.

Anyhow............................................ . Happy shooting and good luck this archery/turkey/deer/etc..... season.

V/r,

Bruce545
    -Bruce545

(Cumberland County)

Well i dont live in perry anymore, but i grew up in liverpool. Still go to the parents house to shoot. The one thing i missed the most about perry county after i moved to mechanicsburg was being able to shoot on the property.

(Perry County)

Welcome AJH! I'm just down in Enola, Cumberland County. The wife and I are looking to find a place with some land up in Perry County this coming spring. We've had enough of "city" living.

Dave G.

(Perry County)

In the landisburg/shermansdale area. I just use my back yard : )

(Perry County)

I was looking at some gun sites and ran across this one. Saw that the Perry county section seemed a little low in numbers so I thought I'd join.

I live about 2 miles outside of Newport and shoot in the backyard as well.

(Perry County)

Man has it been a while since I was on this board !! Good hearing that there are a few of us closeby. Lately been at the range right off of 944, They finally got the posts back up a couple months ago.

Shoot out the back door ... being a Huntingdon county native that was my first instinct. Then when the leaves felll off the trees and I could easily see the neighbors house, I was glad I didnt.

(Perry County)

Is there anyone left from Perry County?

(Perry County)

also just saying hi-new to the forums and firearms for that matter. Looking to purchase my second pistol shortly and was catching up on pa law. Im in the duncannon area so hi all!
    shenanigans: here

(Perry County)

I just moved to Perry County (Duncannon) from Harrisburg in August. Was thinkin about getting into a Sporstmen's Club here, just haven't gotten around to finding on yet. It'd be nice to have a place to do a little target shooting every once in a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast