Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Yugoslavian AK47 Parts (m70)

I am currently looking to throw some new gear on my yugo underfolder. Something along the lines of...

-I was thinking of adding a better iron sight (peep sight maybe).
    -I need to get a sling since mine didn't come with one (preferably a black nylon sling with no padding).
    -Some sort of rail system so I can install a foregrip if I felt so inclined
    -bipod for bench shooting (once again, if i felt so inclined)

I already know I can get a cheap surplus sling from cheaperthandirt and i can also get a peep sight from the same website, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any of those items for a YUGO milled receiver.

Much thanks in advance

e: Oh, and if anyone can suggest anything to make my gun more accurate (other than shooting better or comedy: "LOL get a fixed stock moron or a better gun" options, that would be great).
    Last edited by Ophidian; March 21st, 2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: more content

Default Re: Yugoslavian AK47 Parts (m70)

Good Luck

Yugo's are Proprietary, That means most of the Parts won't interchange between other AK's -- In Short there is very little in terms of aftermarket accessories that will fit a Yugo.

The Best AK is one that was kept as it was meant & designed to be..Save your money for Ammo. (Just My OP)
    Recoil Happens

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Yugoslavian AK47 Parts (m70)

As mentioned, Yugo parts - specifically handguards and recvr covers where all the tacki-kewl shiit goes - are of a proprietary length relative to other non-Krink AK/AKMs of the world.

I would have to think the rear-sight is at least similar, Krebs has the peep site;

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPage...kovParts.shtml

Some folks may make special handguards and recvr covers that would accomadate rails on the Yugo M70;

http://www.ultimak.com/M9.htm

Ultimak would help with the top rail, but you'd have to work on the side and bottom rails on your own. The black plastic handguards that come with the M70AB2's look tough enough to work.

The additional tactical rails - especially in all 4 quadrants of the "fore end" of the rifle - would likely benefit a couple, 3-4, MOA to your accuracy.
    Adding a green laser - with the diffrent spectrum light amplification as opposed to the red laser - would definately add another 2-300 yards to your range.

At least that is what the M4forgery shooters buy in to...

As for a good sling on the cheap; go to WalMart, look in what remains of their gun section near the cleaning supplies...

Look for a yellow and orange-red hang card with a black nylon web sling on it. The brand is "Outdoor Connection" and it is the "EXpress" sling. There are 2 versions, for use with/without the "snap" swivels in place.
    It is 56" long and is available in 1" or 1+1/4" widths and can be had for under $6.00. Unlike the typical AK slings - no metal-metal contact to scratch up the finish.

And it looks fargin' cool on the all-black Yugo M70AB2's.