Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Obama makes passing gun control measures a priority for 2013

President Obama pledged Sunday to make gun control a top priority in his second term and vowed to put his “full weight” behind such legislation.
    “I’d like to get it done in the first year,” the president said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “This is not something that I will be putting off.”
    Democratic lawmakers and some Republicans have called for immediate action in the aftermath of the Dec. 14 shootings in which 20 first-graders were killed inside a Connecticut elementary school.
    Obama said Sunday he would not prejudge recommendations. But he said he was skeptical about the only answer being to put armed guards in schools, as the National Rifle Association has suggested.
    The president instead vowed to rally Americans around an agenda to limit gun violence, adding he still supports increased background checks and bans on assault weapons and high-capacity bullet magazines.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...2013-priority/

This is DOA with the House.....the only other option would be an EO which would prompt a civil war.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Obama makes passing gun control measures a priority for 2013

Stupid quote here:

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the debate has to start with respect for the Second Amendment right to bear arms and recognition that hunting is a way of life for millions of Americans.

Keep calling and writing folks. Press the issue that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. I keep reading about hunters prepared to throw Ar's and "high capacity" magazines under the bus.

Oh, and how does one pass legislation against "gun violence" as Obama stated. I believe murder, battery, assault, rape etc.. are all already illegal. How's that been working out, particularly in Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    Stupid quote here:

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the debate has to start with respect for the Second Amendment right to bear arms and recognition that hunting is a way of life for millions of Americans.

Keep calling and writing folks. Press the issue that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. I keep reading about hunters prepared to throw Ar's and "high capacity" magazines under the bus.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

hawk 87 says
    "Keep calling and writing folks. Press the issue that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. I keep reading about hunters prepared to throw Ar's and "high capacity" magazines under the bus. "

Brings up a good point and ask every Fudd you talk to about A-salt weapons and "high capacity bullet clips" this question
    What do you use for deer hunting ?

Most times the answer is a Remchester Model XX with a 3-9 power scope on it in caliber 7mmMag,30'06,308,etc.

My question back is
    "Why do you need a high powered Military Type Sniper Rifle to kill a little white tail deer ?
    Those MTSR are only made for KILLING ! "(Charles Whitman,Texas Tower ?)
    Not to mention those bullets will pierce a policeman's vest !
    Sometimes this works and helps a Fudd to "see the light".
    They want my AR with 30 shot mags today,tomorrow they will want your deer rifle,aka Military Type Sniper Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    hawk 87 says
    "Keep calling and writing folks. Press the issue that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. I keep reading about hunters prepared to throw Ar's and "high capacity" magazines under the bus. "

Brings up a good point and ask every Fudd you talk to about A-salt weapons and "high capacity bullet clips" this question

Most times the answer is a Remchester Model XX with a 3-9 power scope on it in caliber 7mmMag,30'06,308,etc.

My question back is
    "Why do you need a high powered Military Type Sniper Rifle to kill a little white tail deer ?
    They want my AR with 30 shot mags today,tomorrow they will want your deer rifle,aka Military Type Sniper Rifle.

AR's today, Hunting rifles tomorrow.

A lot of gun owners need to get a clue about this fight.

They want us firing flintlock's.....and I am starting to wonder if even that.

(Cumberland County)

He said that about Gitmo too and that place still is up and running.

(Clinton County)

Also discussed here...

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/19...his-words.html

C'mon shooter
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Westmoreland County)

hawk 87 says

My question back is
    You could also ask them how they feel about paying a $200.00 NFA tax, submitting fingerprints and a background check with the ATF to register that "Sniper Weapon". Remind them that JFK was killed with such a firearm.

If they get upset remind them that the same people talking today about "assault weapons" will be talking about "sniper weapons" in the future.

Ask them about the "H&R Handy Gun", or the "Marble Game Getter" in 12" and 14" lengths. They are on the NFA list and are decent for close up hunting. IF you have one without it being registered you will do time in the Federal Penitentiary. Ask them if they'd like to be next on the hit list after the "assault weapon problem" is "solved".

(Monroe County)

Get your NRA membership up to date if it not already!

Strength in Numbers!!!

(Lawrence County)

hawk 87 says

My question back is
    Do you really think there are no members here that don't own semi-automatic weapons and read these threads? Not to mention visitors that are just researching. Why don't you go ahead and alienate them some more? I own several firearms that will be on the ban list and your comments pissed me off enough to almost neg you for the post. Very intelligent way to bring people over to your side.