Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Nation Running Out of Ammo (Inventories Down 93% Since Election Day)

Reaction to threats by Senator Dianne Feinstein and others to ban certain weapons and serverely restrict ownership of guns generally has caused a run on gun stores, as is widely reported.

Less reported is the run on ammunition, leaving ammunition inventories down 93% since election day.

So reports Traction Control blog, Plunge! Ammunition Levels Less Than 10% of Pre-Election Levels:

Ammunition Stock levels have fallen by more than 90% from the pre-Election Day levels. Less than 10% remains available. Available Ammunition links will be updated throughout the day.

Handguns are down by 80%, Long Guns by 63% for an overall 72.2% reduction in firearms inventories.

AR pattern rifles are becoming particularly difficult to source.

In some locations, ammunition is hard to find:

Gun buyers in Houston have bought up the entire inventory of AR guns. It is not just the guns. The ammunition is sold out. The magazines are sold out, and not just the magazines that hold 30 or more rounds. Even finding a 10-round magazine is elusive. And ammunition? The smaller boxes of ammunition in the 223-556 calibers may be found, but not the larger boxes. Try calling Top Gun, Academy, Carter Country and other stores and you will get more or less the same answer: “We are sold out entirely, we have no idea when we are getting new stock in, and we have no idea what the pricing will be.” Even the online sites that deal in guns and ammo are now low on inventory as sales have spiked.

Investors are noticing what it will mean for ammunition manufacturers in 2013:

Right now, ammo is severely constrained in all major retail stores and online. Local checks by the author at multiple Academy Sports and Outdoors, (which is owned by (KKR), Walmart (WMT), and Dicks Sporting Goods (DKS) have all meet with the same feedback — gun sales, especially of AR-type weapons and pistols, are highly elevated, with some places being sold out of AR-type weapons. Ammo is scarce for popular rounds such as 9mm, .40 cal, .223, and 7.62×39.

Online stores such as cheaperthandirt.com are also sold out on many popular rounds. We had to go all the way to the 9th product page to find 9mm in a 50 round box for sale! …

Clearly, ammo is in high demand right now, and from our point of view, it has never been harder to find.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/12...g-out-of-ammo/
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

Default Re: Nation Running Out of Ammo (Inventories Down 93% Since Election Day)

It is a good time to learn Reloading BUT
    Powder and primers are drying up. 12 week wait on Hogden Powder products.
    The ammunition manufacturers get fist dibs on powder and primers.

Default Re: Nation Running Out of Ammo (Inventories Down 93% Since Election Day)

I actually couldn't find any ammo to feed my 45-70 for this weekend. My local gun store keeps a few boxes in stock for me because I'll buy em before going to the range. When I went in today though, the owner told me somebody else came in and literally bought out a whole section of ammo which happened to include the 45-70 shells. Looking around the rest of the store, there was very little in the way of ammo left. All 5.56 and .223 was gone. 9mm .40, .45, and .50 AE also gone. Only a few boxes of .357 left in the pistol area. On the rifle side, there was 300 Win Mag, 30-30, and 30-06 which was barely touched. There was that whole section of ammo missing, mainly the larger rounds. .308 and up including the 45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    It is a good time to learn Reloading BUT
    Powder and primers are drying up. 12 week wait on Hogden Powder products.
    The ammunition manufacturers get fist dibs on powder and primers.
    I have enough powder and primers for pistol to last until Rapture, but I did not buy rifle powers and primers......now I will need to wait. Did not see anything in that bill which would affect reloading. And that is the worst (most onerous) we will see.

It is DOA but we need to fight like it has a good chance of passing.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Clinton County)

Couldn't have anything to do with the billions of rounds the government scooped up before the end of the year does it? Besides the recent grab by the citizens too. Wonder if they knew this would happen, best way to ban ammunition is to buy it all up.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Northampton County)

Wasn't me.

(Lancaster County)

I moved to a free state after 4 years combined misery in CA and NY, paid off $3k in credit cards, am working 2 1/2 jobs, and going back to school to get my degree to get even a better job, all to pay for a better life and all the guns and ammo the wife and I want...and this happens now. Thanks a lot, f***tard Obama voters Can't be bothered to vote the ****hole out of office, but oh it's no problem to head out to the stores and grab up all of everything because OH NOW YOU WANT IT.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; December 30th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Better that ammo be in the hands of citizens than in the hands of the government. Don't forget the government ordered over a billion rounds to be delivered very soon.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

Sounds like the American Public has come to a few conclusions....

1. "Assault Weapons" are not a bad thing.
    2. They want to get them while the getting is good.

Sounds to me like millions of people don't agree with Senator Feinstein, to the extent that they are spending money to prove it.

If they can buy a firearm they also are eligible to vote.

Some of us remember 1994. Lightning can strike twice, and Urban Eliitists like Feinstein do need rural and suburban votes to get pork and the California Bailout.

Go for it, Diane.... pass or fail you lose.