Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's

(Beaver County)

Angry Brownell's

I ordered two things; a five pack of 12 gauge dummy rounds and an ETA tactical safety for my Mossberg 930. I removed the old safety and destroyed it in the process (thanks to Mossberg for using a security screw on their safety) because I mistakenly thought the incompetent pieces of shit working at Brownell's could package two things. No ETA safety in the fucking box! It's on the invoice! I paid for it! I waited a week and now I will have to wait at least another week for a part I already paid for and should already have on my gun right now. I can't call because tomorrow is a holiday and they're off which only adds to my anger and makes the situation even more frustrating. So I made the mistake of assuming that just because I order two things that are in stock that when the package comes, both of those things will be in the package and now I have a useless Mossberg 930 for at least another week. I can't wait to make that call.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Brownell's

What it sounded like while opening package...

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Beaver County)

Add this to the fact that I already hate shopping with them because of the product descriptions. It's impossible to find anything unless you use some vague bullshit description or know the product number. Even when I'm looking at the product page, I can't still don't know if it's the part I need or not because they've got retarded chimps running their web design (and packing the orders apparently). Mesa Tactical's receiver mounted sling loop pin was called 'hook loop' for example. I didn't want to buy the ETA from them because I hate them but it's the only place that had it and now I'm regretting it.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    What it sounded like while opening package...

Kind of. Just with a lot more profanity and desperate, sad searching through an obviously empty box.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    Kind of. Just with a lot more profanity and desperate, sad searching through an obviously empty box.
    That sucks man, good luck to you! I got a package from apex today, better results than you had.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

100% Customer Satisfaction my A**. I ordered a set of 1911 grips and had a terrible experience. I first had to cross reference the part number on the manufacturer's site since their descriptions were horrible. When I did receive the grips they were the wrong manufacturer, style, cut, color... I called their CS dept and was accused of ordering the wrong item. The only bright spot was their gunsmith who confirmed their site was incorrect, confirmed i was shipped the wrong item, and physically checked the warehouse to see if a replacement was in stock. Then I was put back to CS who didn't want to cover return shipping and continued giving me an attitude. I enclosed a letter of my experience and also sent an email. They never responded to either.

(Beaver County)

That's what I'm dreading. Calling them after having a couple of days to calm down and despite me being rational and decent with them, them just saying 'fuck off, we're not going to help you'. I will lose my mind. I'll ruin that motherfucker's day and just keep calling until they get so sick of hearing from me that they give up and send me the part.

(Allegheny County)

I've bought a ton of stuff from Brownells over the last ten years. They have only screwed up twice and both times they made it right.

Give them a chance to fix before flying off the handle.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(York County)

Post Re: Brownell's

I've been working on firearms since I was a teenager and dealing with Brownell's since day one. I have had very few problems with them as far as getting the wrong thing, and I've never had any problems with their customer support. I do several thousands of dollars worth of business with them yearly and personally hope they stick around until I retire.

EDR
    Every day's a Saturday

My only experience with them wasn't terrible. I ordered a part from them, never got a confirmation/receipt of the order, no tracking info, not charged. One day, the package was just at my door. The money was cherged the day the package arrived. Seems to me like they don't always have their shit together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast