Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default An quick poll - which shot do you take?

A quick, unscientific, poll

Here’s the scenario:

A riot is underway in your neighborhood. Your spouse and child are in a house. You see a rioter running towards the house with your family in it carrying a lighted fire bomb (Molotov cocktail). You are an Olympic grade shot, armed with a rifle, and have the rioter in you scope. However, it is the last second, he is prepared to throw, and you only have two options for shots (both of which you are skilled enough to make) that will guarantee he can’t throw the Molotov Cocktail at, and consequently burn, your family..

Option 1: you shoot the rioter in the head, which will kill him instantly and stop him from throwing the fire-bomb (Molotov cocktail).

Option 2: You shoot the Molotov cocktail its self causing it to burst and engulfing the rioter in flames (severely injuring and/or burning the rioter to death – but in either case preventing it from being thrown into the house).

Which shot do you take?

(Crawford County)

Default Re: An quick poll - which shot do you take?

Headshot.

Threaten my family, I don't play around. I'll drop you quick, and be targetting the next one before you hit the ground...
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(York County)

Burn baby burn!

(Monroe County)

The shot that stops the man. Who's to say if you shoot the cocktail that he won't dive through your window engulfed in flames?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    The shot that stops the man. Who's to say if you shoot the cocktail that he won't dive through your window engulfed in flames?
    thier are no "what-ifs" in the scenario.. Either shot stops your family from being burned - as writen.. Answer the question as presented, or don't post...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    thier are no "what-ifs" in the scenario.. Either shot stops your family from being burned - as writen.. Answer the question as presented, or don't post...
    Guess you missed the point....I did answer it. Oh, PS...in life there is no cut and dry.

(Delaware County)

Guess you missed the point....I did answer it. Oh, PS...in life there is no cut and dry.
    When you presented with an A or B option, that is the definition of "Cut and dry"

That being said, I guess CHEMICAL chose to create Option 3 - "Don't make a decision and watch his family burn".. oh well, moving on....

(Monroe County)

When you presented with an A or B option, that is the definition of "Cut and dry"

That being said, I guess CHEMICAL chose to create Option 3 - "Don't make a decision and watch his family burn".. oh well, moving on....
    Indeed......... Reading comprehension indicates that I answered in my first sentence but you know what, go ahead, puff out your proverbial chest and have the last word. Really, go ahead...........I'll even count down for you:

A quick, unscientific, poll

Here’s the scenario:

A riot is underway in your neighborhood. Your spouse and child are in a house. You see a rioter running towards the house with your family in it carrying a lighted fire bomb (Molotov cocktail). You are an Olympic grade shot, armed with a rifle, and have the rioter in you scope. However, it is the last second, he is prepared to throw, and you only have two options for shots (both of which you are skilled enough to make) that will guarantee he can’t throw the Molotov Cocktail at, and consequently burn, your family..

Option 1: you shoot the rioter in the head, which will kill him instantly and stop him from throwing the fire-bomb (Molotov cocktail).

Option 2: You shoot the Molotov cocktail its self causing it to burst and engulfing the rioter in flames (severely injuring and/or burning the rioter to death – but in either case preventing it from being thrown into the house).

Which shot do you take?
    I would take the first one. I am not a lawyer but seems to me its a gun a dry shoot. You never know what some activist prosecutor would say though.

I think these what ifs are good so people see the law and various perspective.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Delaware County)

Indeed......... Reading comprehension indicates that I answered in my first sentence but you know what, go ahead, puff out your proverbial chest and have the last word. Really, go ahead...........I'll even count down for you:

I asked a serious question.. You didn’t answer the question posed.. Be a gentleman and don’t post again unless you’re going to answer the question asked… There’s the last word..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast