Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Proud new owner of a Gen4 Glock 17!

A Glock 17 has been on my list of guns to buy for sometime, but hadn't made it to the top of the list until all the talk of high capacity magazine bans. So on Friday in a mad panic, I convinced the wife to "green light" the purchase. I had called French Creek Outfitters and they had 1 Gen4 and 2 Gen3s in stock. By the time I got there and waited in line with my deli counter ticket and all the people who were buying guns, but didn't know what the hell they were buying, I found out they were down to 1 Gen3. I handled the Gen3 and Gen4 range guns, liked the way the Gen4 felt better in my hand, so I decided to leave without buying anything. I wasn't too disappointed at the moment since it was running an hour an a half to get the background check. I figured I would be running around the next week trying to find one. King's Shooters Supply was out of them and Gordon's sold the two they got in on Friday within an hour.

After about 30 hits on the redial, I got through to Target Master and they had some in stock. So back in the car I went. TM was busy and the rack where all the ARs used to be was bare except for one really nice but expensive Colt M4 ($1,995). They still had a lot of guns and ammo, to my surprise. Fortunately, they had a Gen4 and they were really efficient getting people in and out. I would say I was in and out of there in about an hour or so.

I haven't shot it yet, but I am super happy to have this one (my first Glock) locked up in the safe, especially since it came with 3 17 round mags
    HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO GIVES A SH!T ABOUT THE RULES?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Gen4 Glock 17!

Congrats on the purchase. Picked one up myself this year. My first Glock also. Its a good shooter.

(Cumberland County)

I have a Gen 4 26 and Gen 3 19 and 34...you will love it I am sure...congrats. What was the price if i may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by atv223 View Post
    A Glock 17 has been on my list of guns to buy for sometime, but hadn't made it to the top of the list until all the talk of high capacity magazine bans. So on Friday in a mad panic, I convinced the wife to "green light" the purchase. I had called French Creek Outfitters and they had 1 Gen4 and 2 Gen3s in stock. By the time I got there and waited in line with my deli counter ticket and all the people who were buying guns, but didn't know what the hell they were buying, I found out they were down to 1 Gen3. I handled the Gen3 and Gen4 range guns, liked the way the Gen4 felt better in my hand, so I decided to leave without buying anything. I wasn't too disappointed at the moment since it was running an hour an a half to get the background check. I figured I would be running around the next week trying to find one. King's Shooters Supply was out of them and Gordon's sold the two they got in on Friday within an hour.

After about 30 hits on the redial, I got through to Target Master and they had some in stock. So back in the car I went. TM was busy and the rack where all the ARs used to be was bare except for one really nice but expensive Colt M4 ($1,995). They still had a lot of guns and ammo, to my surprise. Fortunately, they had a Gen4 and they were really efficient getting people in and out. I would say I was in and out of there in about an hour or so.

I haven't shot it yet, but I am super happy to have this one (my first Glock) locked up in the safe, especially since it came with 3 17 round mags
    If you can find them, the Korean Kahn or KCI mags work just fine for range bag mags. I've shot them for years without a problem. I keep the Glock mags for defensive use. I got my Korean mags for $5 and $8/ea. You're not going to see those prices today.

(Delaware County)

Congrats... have owned G19 and G26 for years. Hope you enjoy your new 9mm Glock as much as i have mine.
    Lets hear it for Target Master for making this guy's Xmas a good one !!!!!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    I have a Gen 4 26 and Gen 3 19 and 34...you will love it I am sure...congrats. What was the price if i may ask?
    I paid about $597 for it. Given the circumstance I thought it was reasonable and price shopping at this point really wasn't an option.

I was happy TM had them in stock and got me in and out quick.

Now just to find sometime between putting doll houses together and making pottery with my girls to give it a good cleaning and take it to the range.
    HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO GIVES A SH!T ABOUT THE RULES?

(Centre County)

I bought my G22 several months ago, and it made a believer out of me.

It sure is an ugry weapon. But its ability outshine just about everything I own/ed.

Its almost 100% ideal weapon.
    Its not quite 100%, because my idea of ideal weapon would be for Glock and M&P to have an unspeakable affair, and produce a bastard child...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Its almost 100% ideal weapon.
    Its not quite 100%, because my idea of ideal weapon would be for Glock and M&P to have an unspeakable affair, and produce a bastard child...
    It's called a Steyr M9A1.

No one makes anything for it, and because it is so uncommon it's usefulness takes a huge hit.

It has the beaver tail of the M&P, the crisper, lighter trigger, but with Glock's positive reset. And it costs just as much, but buying anything for it - well. You're fucked.

I finally picked up a G17 G4 this year too. It's easily my favorite handgun by a mile. I like the RTF frame, the balance, and the subtle improvements on things like the mag release. It fits my hand better than ever. And will shoot anything I put in it.

Also have an M&P 9 VTAC to compare it to. Just put the M&P in the classifieds so I can pick up a G19G4 instead. If you're an M&P fanboi, that's the one to get. The sights are ingenious. And it's about as pretty as a plastic gun can get.

In the name of keeping all things interchangeable. It's getting sold.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    It's called a Steyr M9A1.

No one makes anything for it, and because it is so uncommon it's usefulness takes a huge hit.

It has the beaver tail of the M&P, the crisper, lighter trigger, but with Glock's positive reset. And it costs just as much, but buying anything for it - well. You're fucked.

I finally picked up a G17 G4 this year too. It's easily my favorite handgun by a mile. I like the RTF frame, the balance, and the subtle improvements on things like the mag release. It fits my hand better than ever. And will shoot anything I put in it.

Also have an M&P 9 VTAC to compare it to. Just put the M&P in the classifieds so I can pick up a G19G4 instead. If you're an M&P fanboi, that's the one to get. The sights are ingenious. And it's about as pretty as a plastic gun can get.

In the name of keeping all things interchangeable. It's getting sold.

Unfortunatly, Styler's grip don't agree with me.

See, thats not my ideal weapon.
    I was thinking Glock internal with M&P frame, and able to use cheaper GLock mag.
    And be able to use accessories for M&P, and internal upgrade for Glock.
    And M&P warranties would be plus as well.

Who knows? Perhaps I may go with Caracal in the future...
    Last edited by Mity2; December 26th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Chester County)

It's not a bbq gun, but I've always found the Glock to have its own kind of industrial no bs beauty. Pretty is as pretty does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast