Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Hamburg Cabela's

Just curious if anyone has been to the hamburg Cabelas lately and if they are selling out of ammunition and Ars as well as every where else.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hamburg Cabela's

I was there a couple days ago. They still had tons of ammo including 5.56/223. They do have a 10 box limit though. As far as ARs are concerned, I doubt it. The gun counter was jammed pack, and I couldn't even get close to it. It didn't see any used ones on the racks either.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Lebanon County)

k thanks.I have a friend who has been trying to get one with no luck. Thought i would check for her plus was curious since i havent been there for a couple weeks

How can Cabela's sell out of ARs when they make you wait three hours to get your purchase cleared through PICS. Just thinking out loud...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    How can Cabela's sell out of ARs when they make you wait three hours to get your purchase cleared through PICS. Just thinking out loud...
    By the time the long process of paperwork is completed, a new shipment of whatever you want will come in. Who knows, maybe a few shipments.

(Lackawanna County)

Was there today, plenty of handgun ammo and hunting rounds. Only .223 rem I saw was a brand I never heard of. They had quite a bit of it, but I wasn't familiar with the make.

Actually good service at the gun counter today. Was being helped about 10 minutes after I picked up my ticket. Nice guy too, helped me look at a few different pistols before I came back to my first choice, no rush, etc. Yeah, really! Only a light crowd there today. Was nice for a change.
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Carbon County)

I agree buying guns there takes way too long. After waiting forever during a transfer, I was questioning a manager about this one night. He explained that their store policy is to have their home office approve that the store can take possesion of the firearm to do the transfer and all the stores in the company must send to the same place so it gets backed up. What the hell?

When I was looking for an AR, I called and asked how many they had of the DPMS Oracle. This was pre-panic of course. I always call before going down to see how many they have in stock. For that one rifle they had something like 140 in stock. That was just ONE rifle type! So whenever they are resupplied, my guess is that it will not be in batches of 10 or 20. And for anyone who may not know it, that store is actually the largest gun store in the entire world.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    I agree buying guns there takes way too long. After waiting forever during a transfer, I was questioning a manager about this one night. He explained that their store policy is to have their home office approve that the store can take possesion of the firearm to do the transfer and all the stores in the company must send to the same place so it gets backed up. What the hell?
    It takes longer there because they are the largest gun store in the world, and someone once told me that the pols in DC actually name this store by name looking to make an example of them. The SOB's in DC would like to nail it......as such, they need to make sure they dot their i's and cross their t's.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Just curious if anyone has been to the hamburg Cabelas lately and if they are selling out of ammunition and Ars as well as every where else.
    I was there yesterday. If you're looking for .223/5.56 ammo, good luck - there was none there yesterday. There is plenty of selection of handgun ammo (at Cabelas prices). Magazines were also cleared out as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast