Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013

Sure there is a thread started already for a rally in Harrisburg, this is different.

This is an announcement to all of pafoa. CeasefirePA is planning a rally on Harrisburg to push for more gun control. Those who wish to attend as a counter protest should be there. CeasefirePA is planning their event at noon. I don't want your phone number, your name, your email address, all I want is for you to show up and support whatever you want to support. I don't care what you wear, what you carry, what you hand out or what opinions you have, the important thing is to STAND for what you believe in. We need to stop alienating people on this forum because they don't exactly conform to others ideas of what should be an acceptable image of our community. You CANNOT generalize a group of 50,000 members and say we should all censor what we say or do to appease someone else.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is not a trolling thread and my intent is not to start an argument about this. What I do intend to do is attempt to reach people that may be turned off to the idea of attending do to fear of not being accepted in another group.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

Let's put aside our differences and rally in support of a single cause, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I will be there, hope to see you there.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013

Every event I've been to in Harrisburg has had a checkin and registration. We are trying to get that done "up front". Is this really a problem?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Every event I've been to in Harrisburg has had a checkin and registration. We are trying to get that done "up front". Is this really a problem?
    Never been to Harrisburg for an event, been to Scranton. No problem whatsoever, just pointing out that I will be there and I encourage everyone else to be there.

Another point I'm making is that this community is divided and segregating people because they don't conform to your beliefs or standards isn't the way to win. We all need to be supportive of each other, not alienating people. There are 50,000 members here and more gun owners state wide who aren't, to say we have to dress or look a certain way or believe and stand for a certain thing is preposterous and destructive to the cause.

Join any group you want, say and do whatever you want to do, it is your right. It is also my right to do so as well as the rest of this forum. My point is there isn't only one option here. In the end we all stand for the same thing.

/rant
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Northampton County)

In all fairness, you probably got less than a third of the attendees to sign and it's never really been a "checkin." It was "we want as many people as possible to sign the book if you get a chance and if you do you get a ticket and might win a prize." I think I signed in half the times I've been there. The most recent half of the times I've been there.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post

Another point I'm making is that this community is divided and segregating people because they don't conform to your beliefs or standards isn't the way to win. We all need to be supportive of each other, not alienating people. There are 50,000 members here and more gun owners state wide who aren't, to say we have to dress or look a certain way or believe and stand for a certain thing is preposterous and destructive to the cause.
    /rant
    Hmm, I guess I need to read through the thread again because I'm not seeing that. If asking people to act professional, is devisive then so be it. We want good PR, thats all.

(Clinton County)

Hmm, I guess I need to read through the thread again because I'm not seeing that. If asking people to act professional, is devisive then so be it. We want good PR, thats all.
    Good PR is a losing game. These same media outlets are controlled by the people who want to disarm us. Sure, professionalism is important and I wouldn't want people acting otherwise, but to tell someone he has to wear a suit and give a stranger his personal information to be put on some list all the while conforming to someone else's beliefs on what is acceptable for open carry is ridiculous.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Northampton County)

Mr. Gixxer,

If you don't want to register, don't. If you still want to go, then go anyway. They don't control access to the capitol.

These people are not asking for your daughter's hand in marriage. You don't have to invite them to dinner.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Mr. Gixxer,

If you don't want to register, don't. If you still want to go, then go anyway. They don't control access to the capitol.

These people are not asking for your daughter's hand in marriage. You don't have to invite them to dinner.
    And I will be attending as I've stated before. Hope to see everyone there!
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Good PR is a losing game.
    Well, I have to respectfully disagree. Bad PR is going to do nothing to further the cause for sure... Hope to see you there!

(Westmoreland County)

This is probably the most counter-productive attempt to sabotage a positive community event that I've read on PAFOA to date.

You have 364 other days in a year to express your individuality, but you are choosing instead to come in an attempt to harm the event we have scheduled.

There's one in every crowd
    I Dial 1911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast