Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Smile What is your favorite gun shop Lycoming County

I bought my 1st gun at Tripoli's 2 years ago ...jus bought a 1911 the other day in Nationals in Jersey Shore ...like the selection there ...Troxell's had a decent selection ...bought a 870 home defense for my sister [ she's getting a divorce ...gun for her new home not ex husband ...she'll be alone now ]

What are some of your faves ...or dislike lists?

(Clinton County)

Default Re: What is your favorite gun shop Lycoming County

National Sporting Goods hands down.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

I did enjoy dealing with Dave Troxell but, most of my future business will be with National. Adam is a great guy and I know his wife very well. Tripolis never tripped my trigger, I felt like unless you were LEO, you were avoided.. I see local PD cars there often as I live 2 blocks from his business.

National and Survival Response Technologies are the only two I go to.

(Montgomery County)

I have made purchases at all the conventional local shops at one time or the other over the past 20+yrs living in the Williamsport area, I have not heard of Survival Response Technologies though. Although I haven't purchased any firearms from Nationals I have been in the store and made other purchases. I would have to say that currently they would be the most up to date shop in the county. The event they sponsored at CS this year was the best gun related thing to happen in this county in a long time. So they will get my vote. But I would never wish for them to be the only shop.

bacher2741
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Lycoming County)

I deal with National almost all the time anymore. They are close to me and always very friendly and helpful when you go in there. I used to shop at Sauers but he doesn't really keep much in stock anymore. I still stop in every so often to see what he has though. Sometimes you can find really good deals their.

(Northumberland County)

Troxells and National are head and shoulders the bes tin the county. I have been in Tripollis twice and both times it was made very clear to me that they were not interested in my business. Also Tripolli's range prices are outrageous which is a real shame because I love the idea of being able to shoot indoors in the winter.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar57 View Post
    Troxells and National are head and shoulders the bes tin the county. I have been in Tripollis twice and both times it was made very clear to me that they were not interested in my business. Also Tripolli's range prices are outrageous which is a real shame because I love the idea of being able to shoot indoors in the winter.
    I have to agree. Sauers Trading gets in some interesting stuff and can order anything. In stock selection goes to Adam at National. Troxells does get in some real niced used....just picked up a hunted only LH 257 Weatherby Accumark for $580 with dies....an awesome price. Reloading prices and selection at Troxells is the best in the area.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

I've made gun purchases from Sauer, National, and Troxell's. Troxell normally gives me the best price though, sometimes it is much better. I went into Tripoli once. All his handguns were in a big safe. He said "let me know which one you want to look at". I had no idea what was in the safe to even know what to look at. His prices seem the highest also, as in Gander Mountain high.

(Lycoming County)

I agree that Nationals is the best in selection, price, service, (before and after the sale). The only issue is, I think they are in Clinton County. I don't have a problem with Clinton County, it just doesn't fit with the title to the thread.

Now, if Nationals was to open a place in Williamsport, wouldn't that be cool? Maybe down the road from Sportsmens, like next to Eder's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast