Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What is your favorite gun shop Lycoming County

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I agree that Nationals is the best in selection, price, service, (before and after the sale). The only issue is, I think they are in Clinton County. I don't have a problem with Clinton County, it just doesn't fit with the title to the thread.

Now, if Nationals was to open a place in Williamsport, wouldn't that be cool? Maybe down the road from Sportsmens, like next to Eder's.
    National is in Jersey Shore which is in Lycoming County but not by much. I used to live near Jersey Shore or up Pine Creek a little ways, hence the reason for my handle being Tiadaghton. I agree they should have a place along 87 since I now live in Loyalsock. That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I agree that Nationals is the best in selection, price, service, (before and after the sale). The only issue is, I think they are in Clinton County. I don't have a problem with Clinton County, it just doesn't fit with the title to the thread.

Now, if Nationals was to open a place in Williamsport, wouldn't that be cool? Maybe down the road from Sportsmens, like next to Eder's.
    National is in Lycoming County.

(Lycoming County)

Sauers, Been dealing with John since he was up in Duboistown. For reloading supplies I go to Troxell's. I have bought a couple of guns there over the years as I have at Nationals. If I'm trading one in I avoid National due to the lowball offers. Been to Tripoli's, no need to go back. Not big on Gander Mountain though I did by a Glock there on sale sale a couple years ago (19C for less then 500) Never bought a gun from Dugan's(Dixie Gun Shop) but I have got a couple of used encore barrels for a decent price. The guns seem on the high side. There is a new place in Montgomery waiting for there FFL. Been in for ammo so far. Prices not to bad. That was when you could get ammo.

(Lycoming County)

Troxels is most local so i often go there they have always been decent for me. National bit more of a drive but also a bit more in inventory/different stuff. Tripolis...mixed bag like the indoor range part. The staff is "ok" as long as you always agree with them or want exactly what they have in stock...disagree(as in say you dont like Glocks) and your a horrible stupid person lol.

Used to use Sauers a LOT but last 2 times i was in there they just dont have anything anymore..all it seems to be is 5 guns in the gun case a few on the shelves and "i can order you anything" most of the time im looking used so unless I want something new I dont even go in anymore.

Dixie got a decent deal on A Dan Wesson 4" .357 a bit back..now they are more willing to wheel and deal than they used to be. I didnt like it all before..they other "owner"?/ was kinda rude and short with people...heard if you dont like my price deal go elsewhere type of crap...that didnt happen on the Dan wesson they had it marked $300 I offered $240 they came down to $250 and I got it...
    Last edited by CBennett; February 2nd, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Survival Response is the Shop that I use. I am a little biased, as I have known, and even worked with on occasions, the Principal of Survival Response, Ray, for many, many years. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge that he has gathered over a lifetime of learning and living as a true armed professional, Be it 20+years of Military Service, to his years in LE, both in the field and developing training programs for LE, to his role as a Tactics Instructor to both Citizens and .gov agents.

He may not keep the inventories the others do, but I am not a casual gun handler. Of the dozens, and dozens, of firearms I have, I never fondled them until I decided which one to buy. As an armed professional, my firearms are owned for a purpose. That said, Ray just put a stock on a Sako rifle I inherited that absolutely looks better than even the factory had sent out. I am not a "pretty gun guy", but I have to say the job that he did was great. Good thing my 14 yo Son is into pretty guns

I have nothing ill to say of anyone in Firearms business in the County, I have never had a bad experience in one, but Ray is the real deal. He has trained with, by and for the "greats" such as Col. Cooper, Ayoob and many others. When you are with Ray, the wisdom he imparts, on many topics, is really something that comes from experience. Experience acquired from involvement in every major, and most minor, conflicts the US has been involved in since Operation Just Cause in Panama to literally hunting down the worst in our society and returning them to Prison, is the reason I deal with Survival Response.

I can go to Walmart to buy a guitar. Or, I can buy one from a music teacher. That is what Survival Response is to armed professionals and concerned Citizens alike.

I also personally like John Sauers, he has always been a splendid man to deal with. Genuinely concerned with you as a individual, I have alway felt that way when ever I was in Sauers.

Be safe (and go to the Jedi Master).

Scott

(Lycoming County)

Sauers is hands down my favorite, John is a super guy, always makes you feel welcomed, and is always willing to give the best possible deal, even gives my boy candy when we go in, i have bought many guns from John.

Troxells, i have bought a few guns from, can't really say i ever got a GREAT deal, he's a stickler to the price on the tag, last gun i bought there was a Taurus Model 94 revolver, it had 3 scratches on it, and i asked if he would discount the price a little due to the scratches, and his response was NO, he said scratches are going to happen, and i said yeah,but you kinda want the scratches to be your own, and when your buying a NEW gun, i expect it to be in NEW condition, i still bought it anyway.

Tripollis, can suck a fat one, he's an ass.

Went to Young's the other day for the first time in Northumberland, this guy was an ass too, very short and seem like i was bothering him when i asked a few questions.

Dixie, i think is a little overpriced, but i never tried to haggle with him cause he has yet to have anything that peaked my interest, still stop in sometimes though.

[QUOTE=Park;2260522]I agree that Nationals is the best in selection, price, service, (before and after the sale). The only issue is, I think they are in Clinton County. I don't have a problem with Clinton County, it just doesn't fit with the title to the thread.
    National Sporting Goods is in Jersey Shore, LYCOMING County. You don't hit Clinton County until you are halfway across Pine Creek.

(Mifflin County)

How about J&R Guns & Supplies? How are they/ is he to do business with?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    How about J&R Guns & Supplies? How are they/ is he to do business with?
    I am not familiar with them. Where are they located?

Be safe (and in the know).

Scott

(Mifflin County)

Rauchtown just off rt880. If you stop at the bar you can see his building across the road heading back towards Jershey Shore.

J&R Guns & Supplies
    owner Henry & Donna Mumma
    4479 Pine Mountain Road
    Jershey Shore, Pa. 17740
    570-745-3281

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast