Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 2nd plasma tv dead at 2 months

well, hell in a bucket...

my samsung 50" plasma just bit the dust after just 2 months and about 150 hours total use... no gaming, a few dvds only, and not left on for long periods of time. screen is solid green. sound works fine.

this after replacing my 1st plasma, an LG 50" that lasted 29 days and keeled over with the same problem. then I waited almost two weeks for the samsung replacement.

this sucks balls. wtf is with technology so shitty it lasts less time than a decent drinking binge?

all I can say is, glad I bought the F'ing warranty.

I certainly won't buy another one of either.

going with the Pioneer "Kuro" 50". It's another few hundred pesos, but it's the highest rated "editors pick" on CNET, and no complaints of dead pictures. in fact, there's hardly any complaints at all about them.

let the waiting begin...
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: 2nd plasma tv dead at 2 months

That sucks. You can't go wrong with the pioneer though, they make THE best plasmas. The panasonics are really good too for a little less money.

(Chester County)

Do you have a good quality powerstrip/surge protector for it? Something that will filter out the spikes in power?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(York County)

I second that ..... make sure you get a good power strip and maybe make sure the circuit doesnt have something wrong with it

(Chester County)

It's a shame the way that they build TVs these days. I have had my 50" Sony repaired more times then I can remember. I also had a 65" Mitsubishi that only lasted for 2 years. When you spend a couple grand on a TV it would be nice if it lasted longer than a few years.

(Montgomery County)

Did you get any extended warranty through the place you purchased it? I have a 37" Polaroid LCD TV I've had it for almost 2 years and never once had any problem with it. I bought it from Circuit City and picked up an additional 5yr warranty on it. Their service is great IMHO when it comes to their warranties. I've had other electronics break and I just walk in and get a new one if they cant fix it. Sister had a 26" RCA? maybe... thing crapped out after maybe... 25 hours of use took it to CC and they had it fixed in a week or so. No cost to them. It does suck losing the TV for a week but it is better than having to ship it to whatever company you bought it from only to find it isn't covered under their warranty

(Jefferson County)

My 22-23 year old 25" tube Montgomery Wards console still works great.

The more complicated you make something - the more prone it is to failure.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

Agreed on the surge protector, make sure to get one with a coax in/out also. A lightning strike can come through your cable and fry a tv just like it can an electric line. You can buy ones made for home theater systems about everywhere; Lowes, Home Depot, Wally world, for under $50. They will have multiple outlets for TV, DVD, cable box, receiver, etc. and a coax in/out. Only other thing you will need is an additional short coax cable to go from the surge protector to the cable box or TV.

All that Static.....

I only have a 32’ hdtv but the other day I was reminded of the power generated by it. I passed by it and put my gun case down and ZAP from maybe 2 inches away this TV that had been off for at least 3 hours zapped me with all the static in it. When I clean it, I always ground my self, but who would thing of passing by one and getting zapped?

Also

Many old homes have a 2 wire system, positive and negative/ground… Most homes are white paint, so what I did in the last home I have after 2 computers and a TV friend was to buy 200 feet of white wire, then I drilled very small holes through the floor right under the baseboard, ran the wire inside the baseboard to under the plug, gouged the wall with a screw driver so the wire could run inside the drywall to the box, patched that over so the wire was inside the drywall. Grounded the wire to copper pipes and to the boxes that had my TV’s and Computes… (You will need 3 prong plugs) It was the last time any thing fried when lightning hit.

This house there where 3 prong plugs, but when I investigated, there was no ground wire, so I did it again. Ground fault blocks (surge protectors) will not work properly unless there is a possibility to get that extra power back to ground.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Warren County)

all I can say is, glad I bought the F'ing warranty.
    You know thats a complete ripoff and that manufacturers still have warranties on their equipment right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast