Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Preparing the Contingency Plan

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear13 View Post
    It's not about ransacking. Don't be so naive to think that in those times that you won't have neighbors pitted against you. Historically speaking, conflicts of the sort divide into thirds; one-third neutral, one-third for the cause, one-third against. If things were to escalate, you will know when the time is. Civilizations for thousands of years overthrew oppressors successfully without the internet, or firearms for that matter.

How can you not give everything up in the name of responsibility? Isn't that what being a man is really about, the tough choices? I hate to answer questions with questions, but these are questions you need to ask yourself, my friend. Only you can answer them.
    I'm not referring to myself. I'm referring to those we would need to have join our side. The longer we go on the more the younger generation will just not care. That neutral area is rather massive and a lot of people are more interested in what is going on TV or what Justin Beiber is up to than what is going on in capital hill.

I'd be more than willing to fight to uphold the principles of our nation. It was one of the main reasons why I joined the military. I wanted to do my part and as I work on my degree I still want to serve to protect what it means to be American despite some of horrible crimes it has committed in the past.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks ahead. I'll put your name on 1

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyned7 View Post
    Thanks ahead. I'll put your name on 1
    Careful now, I might just have to call that one in one day.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    I'm not referring to myself. I'm referring to those we would need to have join our side. The longer we go on the more the younger generation will just not care. That neutral area is rather massive and a lot of people are more interested in what is going on TV or what Justin Beiber is up to than what is going on in capital hill.

I'd be more than willing to fight to uphold the principles of our nation. It was one of the main reasons why I joined the military. I wanted to do my part and as I work on my degree I still want to serve to protect what it means to be American despite some of horrible crimes it has committed in the past.
    I had a winded reply, then I heard my grandfather say:

You can lead a horse to the water but you cannot make him drink it.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TravisBickle View Post
    I've seen your type all the way back to the first days of internet gun message boards. So typical of a keyboard commando. Every time I meet one of you internet tough guys in person, you almost always have size 44 "tactical" pants on with an enormous vagomich hanging over your wilderness belt. Every single one of you clowns is exactly alike. You probably sleep in realtree pajamas too, don't you?

Go ahead and fight your "revolution" out there in the sticks if it pleases you. Those of us in the big cities will be the first to be targeted for enforcement, so you will have plenty of time to act all macho out there in the woods in your ghillie suit with your FAL while the police are conducting raids on us for failing to register with the NFA.

I love my AR's but I'm not willing to go to prison or kill somebody in a hopeless attempt to keep them.
    So you think life will be better handing over your arms? If I were you I'd do some research into history. You'll be defenseless ...criminals doing to you as they please. Tortured, pillaged, ransacked and raped. Do you have family members living with you? Well I do and I do not plan seeing them die a slow painful death. Either way giving up your firearms means the end of your life regardless. Slow, painful death or fighting for the right you were granted.

Once again please think it through as there are many more negatives after giving up your firearms than preserving the God given right.

One last scenario before I complete this post. Since you live in the city, imagine giving up you God given right to defend yourself. 2 criminals enter your house...one armed with a .45 the other a .38. It's in the middle of the night and you just woke up to the noise of broken glass. What do you do? Grab a bat? What about other family members? How do you protect them?

All your doing is taking baby aspirin for a loss of a limb...you're trading a short term concern with a long term nightmare. Read history, it never ends well after registration and confiscation.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear13 View Post
    Vaccuum seal it with cotton balls soaked in CLP.
    ETA: Put a cotton ball in the breach and in the muzzle. They have several different vacuum sealers on the market, cheapest is around $125. It's enough to do handguns and bolt action rifles, idk about those "evil" black semi-auto's though. If I had one, I could tell you. They also have some that are for clothing storage, they are much wider. That would suffice for a semi-automatic rifle or two, for sure.

I'm conflicted myself. On one hand, the line in the hand would be confiscation. There are so many firearms out there that availability is not really a problem if there was another ban, so long as it's short term ban. None of us a psychic, makes it hard to tell. That brings me to the other hand, resist any ban; it's what our founding fathers would do.

Then there's the God-fearing man in me, wondering if this is all part of the plan...

All I'm saying right now is, so long as no one is kicking in my door, I suppose resistance will come after clarity. Hopefully it all just blows over.
    I've often struggled with that as well....I follow Christ and would defending freedom through our God given right be "Christian like"? Didn't Christianity grow rapidly during persecution?

Then while praying one day the vision of George Washington kneeling and praying in valley forge stuck profusely in my mind. He was a strong man of God fighting to be free. Not for selfish ambition or petty pride but to be able to live as God intended for us to live....free. After George Washington prayed fervently the tides changed. America was born, freedom spread, inventions were never ending and this country took a leap in time like no other. But oddly enough Christianity spread more in that few hundred years than in did in any other time in history. Via Free Churches and Worship, missionaries, giving to the needy and poor. Yes, the USA is great because its people are good.

If it is willed it will happen. I know I'm getting all spiritual but believe Devine intervention played a huge role in the birth of this country and we all need to be down on our knees seeking that wisdom and direction. I too have kids and we have sat down and discussed this very topic. They know history better than me and they see what's going on....they agree they don't want to live under oppression. They've seen it first hand doing missions trips in some very oppressed areas.

You may be living in these conditions but your soul and life is truly dead.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by TravisBickle View Post
    I've seen your type all the way back to the first days of internet gun message boards. So typical of a keyboard commando. Every time I meet one of you internet tough guys in person, you almost always have size 44 "tactical" pants on with an enormous vagomich hanging over your wilderness belt. Every single one of you clowns is exactly alike. You probably sleep in realtree pajamas too, don't you?

Go ahead and fight your "revolution" out there in the sticks if it pleases you. Those of us in the big cities will be the first to be targeted for enforcement, so you will have plenty of time to act all macho out there in the woods in your ghillie suit with your FAL while the police are conducting raids on us for failing to register with the NFA.

I love my AR's but I'm not willing to go to prison or kill somebody in a hopeless attempt to keep them.
    So you're just gonna stick with the insults then? Gotcha.. ...

Enjoy your life in Philly without your firearms....

I'm done wasting time with the shirkers...
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FAL-SHOOTER View Post
    So you're just gonna stick with the insults then? Gotcha.. ...

Enjoy your life in Philly without your firearms....

I'm done wasting time with the shirkers...
    You started with me, pal.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567