Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR9c

Default Ruger SR9c

Just interested what everyone thinks about them? I like the full size SR9 and am buying one soon but never even held the compact model.
    What do you guys think?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9c

My wife loves hers. Just started to install a full Galloway trigger kit which should really have it shine!

Best value for your money. Good series for conceal carry, great range gun given the 9mm.

(Chester County)

My SR40C has become my daily carry. Simple, reliable and accurate. Relatively compact with the small magazine and very 'comforting' with the hi cap.

(Perry County)

i love mine...its my EDC.
    shenanigans: here

I basically already bought the full size, just waiting for it to come in. Then I made a deal for a SR9c in all black from another guy, so I'm pretty excited for it but just never handled the compact. The full size feels great and I am a big fan of Ruger pistols. I do however wish they didn't have the huge loaded chamber warning on them, but I have an LC9 as my daily carry now and it doesn't bother me on that one.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I basically already bought the full size, just waiting for it to come in. Then I made a deal for a SR9c in all black from another guy, so I'm pretty excited for it but just never handled the compact. The full size feels great and I am a big fan of Ruger pistols. I do however wish they didn't have the huge loaded chamber warning on them, but I have an LC9 as my daily carry now and it doesn't bother me on that one.
    I Didn't want to like the sr-9. I have to say it grows on you. The thing is DAMN ergonomic.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Adams County)

very happy with my SR9C , its my night stand piece ,have Viridian C5L on it ,my EDC is my LC9 , also happy with .

(York County)

Got rid of that POS Kahr pm9,The sr9c is my EDC...........would't trade for the world

(Centre County)

Thumbs up Re: Ruger SR9c

IMHO, it meets all of the requirements that I have for a CCW, and beats all others in its category. The value in fantastic, but it the cut in price does show itself somewhere... mainly on the interior of the slide and the barrel. The interior of the slide shows much rougher machining than Glocks or Smiths, and to be honest, the barrels do not impress me. They come off as "not finished" to me. And Ruger never perfected their peening problem. Overall though, the cosmetic defects do not seem to affect the functionality. The SR9c is accurate, tight, and the slimmest in its class at ~.9" slide width. Stingy approved.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast