Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR9c

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9c

I like mine ALOT

(Berks County)

I picked one up about 4 weeks ago and so far am very happy with it. Have probably shot close to 1000 rounds through it with no issues. Trigger is very nice, loaded with safety features if you're into that, and cheap to practice with. When I bought it I compared it to an M&P and it was like night and day. The Ruger just felt better in my hand and the trigger felt a lot more crisp. I like how it gives you the option of having a short magazine to be able to conceal easier, or swapping it out for the standard mag with the extended grip to give you the feel of the standard sized 9mm (SR9). If I ever start carrying, this will probably be the one I will use with the shorter mag. I think I'd feel more comfortable carrying it than my Glock 23, simply because of the added safety features on the SR9C.

(Cambria County)

Please research "SR9C light strikes" and/or Ruger SR9C trigger reset failures" first.

Stop by the Ruger Forums also. Search the same there.

Many owners are sender theirs back due to light strikes on the primer.
    Including me. Mine needs to go back as it light strikes about once every 2 or so mags full. (all ammo).

I do like all the other aspects of the gun.

But when it fails to go bang,,,THAT is a deal-breaker for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Chester County)

Rumor has it that removing the striker assembly and cleaning out the grease will solve the light primer hits. It did for me. 100% reliable for the last several thousand rounds.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    Rumor has it that removing the striker assembly and cleaning out the grease will solve the light primer hits. It did for me. 100% reliable for the last several thousand rounds.
    My SR9C is sparkling clean and oiled properly.

It still has light strikes.

Glad yours is OK!

(Berks County)

I have 1000 rounds through mine with no issues at all. I shoot very accurate with this gun vs my smaller lc9 and taurus 709. The finish is good but I do get concerned in the summer when the slide is near my skin (my Lc9 rusts worse than my Ford). My only issues are the mags are too expensive and the gun shot way off out of the box. Not a big deal but I like when they shoot well out of the gate. Minor adjustments are sometimes needed. If I bought one again I would go with the stainless.

Justin, I got a full size in stainless. My 9c is black but I use good oil on my guns and clean them very often, at least once a week

(Northampton County)

Have SR9c ss
    shot today. 100 rounds, just over 1,000 rounds total.
    got to clean it,
    Great gun. 709 is for sale soon.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Justin, I got a full size in stainless. My 9c is black but I use good oil on my guns and clean them very often, at least once a week
    I clean/oil mine often too. I've only oiled with Hoppe's, what would you suggest? I think the Lc9 is a great weapon but I put the finish through a lot. It is my daily carry gun in the summer and I do paving work so its always exposed to sweat. I would carry my Sr9c more often but I seem to always suit up with the Lc9 because it already has carry scars.

I use Balistol and Froglube, mostly Balistol. I really was trying the froglube for a second time and I like it but I like the Balistol better cause for me it's easier to use by just spraying it. When I get a new gun I degrease it with MPRO7 gun cleaner and rubbing alcohol to remove all petroleum products and then use balistol from there on out, the Froglube would be the same process.

These 2 CLP's work best when only they are used, Balistol doesn't work well with petroleum based stuff, but once the gun has a good seasoning of either it's mostly wiping it off and re-applying the CLP, not a whole lot of scrubbing is needed.

Froglube definitely smells better than Balistol but I like the Balistol for the easy spray can, the Froglube I have is a paste and needs to be applied with a brush. No biggie just a preference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast