Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default President Barack Obama will announce his first concrete steps today on gun control

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/us/con...html?hpt=hp_c1

Obama is expected to announce that Vice President Joe Biden will lead an inter-agency process to develop policy in the wake of the Connecticut elementary school massacre.

White House aides say Obama won't announce major policy decisions Wednesday, but will outline his administration's path forward.

Oh, and this comment in the article

Bill Mingin's gun lay under the floorboards of his attic for 40 years, he said in an iReport.

"I thought I needed it 'just in case,'" the New Jersey man said.

But after the Newtown massacre, he thought of selling it -- but didn't want it ending up in "the hands of a bad person."

"So I smashed it with a sledge hammer, and threw it in the river. No one will ever be hurt with this deadly toy. Let's get rid of the guns. Let it start with mine."

(Beaver County)

Default Re: President Barack Obama will announce his first concrete steps today on gun contro

I just saw this on the news.
    So it begins...

Default Re: President Barack Obama will announce his first concrete steps today on gun contro

Actually, he won't be announce much. He's merely announcing that Biden will take the lead in the process.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Lebanon County)

I'm angry, I'm a VERY ANGRY white man at this point. I ask those of you who voted of his royal High A.. those who said "Oboma's not anti-gun, he did nothing anti-gun last time, in-fact he passed a progun piece, He'll do nothgin anti-gun in his second term, you're just fear mongering" can you hear me now? How's that crow taste? I told you at the time we must stand together or we'll hang separately, now we're all reaping what you forced down our collective thoats, and make no mistake we ARE in the fight of our llife for the future of the Republic RIGH NOW.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I'm angry, I'm a VERY ANGRY white man at this point. I ask those of you who voted of his royal High A.. those who said "Oboma's not anti-gun, he did nothing anti-gun last time, in-fact he passed a progun piece, He'll do nothgin anti-gun in his second term, you're just fear mongering" can you hear me now? How's that crow taste? I told you at the time we must stand together or we'll hang separately, now we're all reaping what you forced down our collective thoats, and make no mistake we ARE in the fight of our llife for the future of the Republic RIGH NOW.
    It's not Obama causing this, nor any other politician. Any other president, pro or anti-gun would have to do something in this situation. That "something" will obviously vary depending on that person in charge of our Nation. The real problem are the twats stealing firearms and killing people. THIS is the root cause of our problems: Shootings in the national spotlight that stir the National outcry for more gun laws. Obama is simply reacting. At this point we don't know how he will react, aside from putting Biden in charge of this.

I am extremely sad about the situation in Newtown. Kids should not die that young! I'm also extremely upset at all of this "heat" we're taking now because some asshat decided to shoot up the school.

FWIW: I voted for Obama in his first term. I did not vote for him in his second term.
    Last edited by Gangle; December 19th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

"So I smashed it with a sledge hammer, and threw it in the river. No one will ever be hurt with this deadly toy. Let's get rid of the guns. Let it start with mine."
    Pretty sure that's a crime. Hey, at least that's one less criminal with a gun.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

I owe you rep.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Mr. Romney would not put Mr. Biden in charge of it.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Bucks County)

The deaf can't hear, they've proved it....TWICE.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

What a joke!

We should be glad that these leftist subversive scum are so arrogant and stupid. All they end up doing with this nonsense is to exasperate their own perceived problem.

Within a few weeks time as other news events bubble to the surface, this hysteria will calm down to a dull continuous rumble. Politicians will be issuing statements and grandstanding on the issue. Assorted proposed bills will come and go with hearings and meetings filled with bluster.

The tens of millions of firearms created and in private hands since expiration of the Clinton era AWB today are a tremendous weight on the scales against renewed restrictions. There are also millions more gun owners than back in the 1990s.

Here and there essentially meaningless rulings will be passed regarding magazines or this or that but, I for one have no real concern. Stay tuned!
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast