Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Discovery Series ‘American Guns’ Cancelled

There will not be a third season of Discovery‘s docu reality series American Guns. The show, about a family of gun makers, has been drawing attention following Friday’s elementary school shooting in a Connecticut in which 26 people — including 20 first-grade children — were gunned down by a 20-year-old whose mom was a gun collector. There have been angry messages posted by viewers on the show’s Facebook page. American Guns has now been cancelled. Discovery sources indicate the decision was quietly made awhile ago, however it didn’t come to light until today. “American Guns concluded earlier this year,” a spokesperson said. “Discovery Channel chose not to renew the series and has no plans to air repeats of the show.” The fact that the network is not even keeping repeats of the show on the air indicate that the Connecticut tragedy may have played at least some part in the decision.

The second season of American Guns got off to a strong start in April with 1.15 HH, 0.87 in adults 25-54 and 0.79 in adults 18-49, up 50% from last year’s series premiere. But the ratings subsequently dropped off and, in the end, Season 2 finished down double-digits from Season 1. I hear Discovery brass also felt there was no story left to tell, contributing to the cancellation decision. American Guns joins two veteran Discovery series that have been recently cancelled: Dirty Jobs and American Chopper.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/disc...uns-cancelled/

Boycott the Discovery Channel! Let them know!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Discovery Series ‘American Guns’ Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    There will not be a third season of Discovery‘s docu reality series American Guns. The show, about a family of gun makers, has been drawing attention following Friday’s elementary school shooting in a Connecticut in which 26 people — including 20 first-grade children — were gunned down by a 20-year-old whose mom was a gun collector. There have been angry messages posted by viewers on the show’s Facebook page. American Guns has now been cancelled. Discovery sources indicate the decision was quietly made awhile ago, however it didn’t come to light until today. “American Guns concluded earlier this year,” a spokesperson said. “Discovery Channel chose not to renew the series and has no plans to air repeats of the show.” The fact that the network is not even keeping repeats of the show on the air indicate that the Connecticut tragedy may have played at least some part in the decision.

The second season of American Guns got off to a strong start in April with 1.15 HH, 0.87 in adults 25-54 and 0.79 in adults 18-49, up 50% from last year’s series premiere. But the ratings subsequently dropped off and, in the end, Season 2 finished down double-digits from Season 1. I hear Discovery brass also felt there was no story left to tell, contributing to the cancellation decision. American Guns joins two veteran Discovery series that have been recently cancelled: Dirty Jobs and American Chopper.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/disc...uns-cancelled/

Boycott the Discovery Channel! Let them know!
    I had to LMFAO at this one. Boycott for exactly what reason, because they cancelled a show about guns where the ratings finished down double digits from the previous one?

Should people who work dirty jobs, like trash men, and motorcycle chopper mechanics and builders also boycott the Discovery Channel too?

I'm still LOL!!

(Allegheny County)

The show was a farce anyway. Let me charge you $1700 for a tactical shotgun that you could buy for $600 and then you can find out the truth about the gun later.

http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/07/11...american-guns/

Don't you people get it?

We are now under attack! It has started.

It is perfectly okay for obama to shake hands with Psy (you know......"kill army familes"), yet if you own an AR you are an enemy of the state.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Cumberland County)

That show was an absolute joke. it was unwatchable, except for the daughter and the mother with the nice rack....every episode he'd take his helicopter to some remote area to meet with a gun collector who will not take the initial offer til he got some crazy trade included....i guess i did watch it a few times. Good riddance to that trash. It's not a conspiracy, the ratings sucked and these production companies and networks want to make money.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    That show was an absolute joke. it was unwatchable, except for the daughter and the mother with the nice rack....every episode he'd take his helicopter to some remote area to meet with a gun collector who will not take the initial offer til he got some crazy trade included....i guess i did watch it a few times. Good riddance to that trash. It's not a conspiracy, the ratings sucked and these production companies and networks want to make money.
    Stop making sense, we're under attack and you're spewing facts and the truth. How dare you......

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    Yea, I watched it a couple times and decided to repaint my house, even though it didn't need it. This was before football season started.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Yea, I watched it a couple times and decided to repaint my house, even though it didn't need it. This was before football season started.
    Watching that paint dry on your house would have been more exciting and/or informative than watching American Guns.

(Beaver County)

Ya. That show sucked worse than the almost as stupid Red Jacket show. Both of which were not nearly as uber shitty as OCC.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Ya. That show sucked worse than the almost as stupid Red Jacket show. Both of which were not nearly as uber shitty as OCC.
    I would totally agree. I can't really say which show was the shittiest. Red Jacket is awful as well as American guns. Nothing compares in my opinion to that Operation Repo show...so fake...but i digress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast