Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: "Assault Weapons" - Buy or sell?

I'd love to run out and stock up, but thanks to the money drain that is Christmas I have no funds to spend.

I can't imagine they would let people profit from the ban like some did from the last one. They want us to hurt until we give up the fight, so I'd predict buybacks on a fixed price (something like $150 per gun $5 per mag no matter how much it is actually worth.)

if they get this ban through, I'd bet it is only a matter of time until they introduce an "assault handgun" ban and a "Sniper rifle" ban to get rid of hunting rifles leaving us shotguns because they have to give us something to hunt with.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Just by use of the term "Assault Weapon" places this entire topic thread and the original poster in question.

Most people don't own or possess selective or full automatic fire "Assault Weapons", as termed by the anti-gun media and intruders on Second Amendment rights.

Civilians for the most part own and possess semi-automatic rifles that look like military arms. Since I for one do not own an "Assault Weapon" so-called, then the question has no meaning
    Excuse me? Quoting a popular media term puts me or my character in question?

I'm an NRA member, NRA instructor, 2nd amendment activist, and carry everyday. I'm trying to make a sound judgement on my investments. I will fight to keep my rights, and laws, the way they are.

However, if certain matters are out of my hands (the political landscape has unfortunately changed), I want to make sure I am financially responsible to my FAMILY. I was not a gun owner at the time of the FIRST Assault Weapons Ban (OMG I SAID IT AGAIN... oh... wait... thats what it was called... hmmm...) so I don't have a point of reference to compare the current atmosphere to.

And might I add... making character judgements on people you don't know is quite ignorant. I grew up in New Jersey where there are rules against certain guns that are LEGALLY CONSIDERED ASSAULT WEAPONS... There are also several states that mimic those laws (and the language within), which in essence, mirror the "ASSAULT WEAPON BAN" of 1994-2004.
    Last edited by 45ACP_4_ME; December 18th, 2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Corrected some legal info
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Last I remembered, in this Country, the Government can not confiscate private property without reasonable compensation. I don't recall any exception for privately owned firearms. I can not imagine that the federal government would try a confiscation. If they would, not sure the government could afford the same? Courts would be clogged with appeals.
    Did you forget about the TSA? Nobody gets compensated for the seizure of pocket knives, and the TSA gets to sell them for profit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    Did you forget about the TSA? Nobody gets compensated for the seizure of pocket knives, and the TSA gets to sell them for profit.
    A friend of mine forgot he had a Swiss Army knife going through the TSA once. They gave him the option of exiting the security line with the knife. He only had to give it up if he wanted to proceed into the secure area of the airport right then and there. Hence they claim that it isn't a seizure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234