Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Took a chance at a gunshow and...

and I FREAKING LOVE it! I bought whats called a Crevna Zastava Mod70 .32ACP pistol. (Not to be confused with the Zastava M70 assault rifle). A little all steel gun, very heavy for its size, basically looks similar to a PPK. Picked it up for $250 out the door (a little on the steep side, but I'm not really a great haggler). But boy oh boy, is it accurate! I mean, my other two pistols are a S&W 908s 9mm(basically an M&P) and a MetroArms 1911 .45 (commander edition, so a 4.25 barrel 1911). My .45 is more accurate than my 9mm, but this little .32 is DEAD ON. Even at 20 yards, I was shooting 5" groups (this is good for me). Plus the thing has absolutely no recoil, its like shooting a .22. Now, American .32 ACP ammo has less power than European made (American .32 tends to be 700-800FPS, European tends to be closer to 1000). So, I picked up some S&B 72gr ammo that I'm going to try out at the range next time. (First time I tried Remington .32acp). So this may increase the recoil a little bit - but I'm really happy with it so far. I literally carry it in my jeans pocket with no holster. (I know I'm going to get chastised for this - but its why I bought it. I carry my other guns in holsters but wanted a cheap/don't care if its dirty pocket pistol).

When I show up at the range, I guess I'll also find out if all the lint from my pockets will mess it up at all, heh.

Anyway just wanted to share with you all, if you're looking for a nice little pocket gun this is not a bad choice, over something more expensive like a KelTec 32 or Beratta Tomcat, if you like heavier/all steel guns. (I don't like polymer myself in pistols).

Default Re: Took a chance at a gunshow and...

Always like to see a happy gun owner. Any chance you can get us some pictures

(Butler County)

This isn't my specific gun but mine is in the same condition:

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/image...1287745543.jpg

So that is basically it! Other people on the internet reported having problems finding extra mags for it but I found some mags for it at Triple K.

(Lancaster County)

Nice little pistol!
    looks very flat and compact. I have both a used Tomcat 32 and a used Kel-tec p-32 that I got for similar prices. I like them both, although the Tomcat is a little wide for pocket carry for me. Nice find for a tool you can use and not worry about marring the finish or looks!

Cb

Quote Originally Posted by omniwing View Post
    This isn't my specific gun but mine is in the same condition:

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/image...1287745543.jpg

So that is basically it! Other people on the internet reported having problems finding extra mags for it but I found some mags for it at Triple K.
    I like it!

(Philadelphia County)

Nice looking gun.
    And yeah you can't always go by what other people can't find.
    It's the internet, endless possibilities of finding items!

(Montgomery County)

I have had its older brother the CZ50 for many years. Only problem that I have had is that the trigger pin tends to move sideways after 40 or 50 rounds, however, a very simple push resets it. I do not want to stake it at both ends as I might have to detail strip it one day. You can get mags from a variety of sources if you hit the web. Numrich or APEX are good possibilities. The Triple K mags are hit or miss as they sometimes work but frequently do not. Might want to pick up some hammer springs as the DA first pull is a lot heavier than you might like. Removal of a coil or two will alter the DA and the SA is still a nice crisp let-off. I reload 0.32 ACP so that I can get "non-lawyer-neutered rounds" that run around 1000 fps. By now a number of the CZ 70s should be C&R, the 50 has been for many years. Dave_n

(Cumberland County)

I passed on one of those several months ago and am still kicking myself! Nice pick up, 32's are fun to shoot. Congrats!

(Beaver County)

Nice looking gun,congratulations on your purchase.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Perry County)

why not get a pocket holster and prevent that lint and stuff or worse, negligent discharge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast