Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traded in several of my Rugers for Kahrs today

Change of scenery. SR9c for the CM9, LCP for the p380. I anticipate that they will outperform the Rugers, haven't fired the CM9 but my first outing with the p380 was rough.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Traded in several of my Rugers for Kahrs today

Could you elaborate on "rough"? Keep in mind, if its a new gun, it will need ap break in period. The manufacturer recommends 200 rounds I believe. I have a PM9 and a P45. I bought the 45 used and it was broken in when I got it. The 9 was bought new and although very stiff it ran perfectly since day one. It has since smoothd out and continues to run great. Out of curiosity, what made you switch over from Ruger?

(Monroe County)

I'm sure he means the recoil. .380 is a snotty little round. Even in my all steel micro eagle more than 2 mags was painful.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I'm sure he means the recoil. .380 is a snotty little round. Even in my all steel micro eagle more than 2 mags was painful.
    The 380 isn't snotty, It's the package you shoot it in.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    The 380 isn't snotty, It's the package you shoot it in.
    How True. My cousin has a ruger in .380, I can't shoot it without hurting after 2 or more mags. Some with the way the back-strap is designed. I have a colt mustang plus II, in .380. I can shoot that all day without any issues. Much more comfortable. I also have a bersa .380. That is somewhere in between the 2.

To the OP, very nice set of pistols.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Could you elaborate on "rough"? Keep in mind, if its a new gun, it will need ap break in period. The manufacturer recommends 200 rounds I believe. I have a PM9 and a P45. I bought the 45 used and it was broken in when I got it. The 9 was bought new and although very stiff it ran perfectly since day one. It has since smoothd out and continues to run great. Out of curiosity, what made you switch over from Ruger?
    I have both the SR9c and LCP.

I have often entertained the idea of getting a PM9 or CM9. They feel good and are thin for carry.

However, I always resist because I cannot understand a gun that needs "broken in". What's with that? >> It's not like it's a woman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Could have been the ammo (federal) but had about a 35% FTF....that's rough but I've read and been told to expect it initially. It shot and felt just like my LPC but all the initial problems got in the way of evaluating some of the finer things I anticipate from the Kahr brand (trigger, etc). In terms of what motivated me to switch to Kahr....several factors.

It's a better looking gun and better constructed (tighter tolerances). For example, the pins (especially the one holding the trigger assembly) on my LPC were starting to creep...like every 16 shots! The slide on the LPC was visibly loose and had a lot of play left to right. My initial inspection of the internals of both pistols are of no comparison, Kahr simple makes a better product. That said, the p380 is twice as much as LCP so I think comparing the two is somewhat unfair as Ruger produced an great 1911(which I own) for the cost of this 380.

I own about 10 rugers including the SR9c as well as the SR40c....for my purposes having two identical guns made no sense. The SR9c ran flawlessly throughout it's career...can't say a bad thing about the brand given the value.

(Franklin County)

I hope you enjoy your CM9 as much as I have so far.... Just don't ride the slide when racking it or it will Fail to Feed... so far I've shot Winchester White Box with no issues....

You can also find some good info on the Kahr Talk forum

(York County)

OK, it's just ruger plastic autos made in korea. i almost had a heart attack thinking he was trading in some really fabulous revolvers for crap...

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    OK, it's just ruger plastic autos made in korea. i almost had a heart attack thinking he was trading in some really fabulous revolvers for crap...

Korea?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast